*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291144-Tuesday
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#291144 added May 19, 2004 at 6:44am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Planted Lavender,Parsley,Wildflowers and Marigolds. The milkweed is coming up from last year and there will be plenty. The butterflies need milkweed and parsley.
I also found another nest of robins. Well, lets say Mrs.Robin let me know I was way to close to her babies. She has a nest in the Trumpet Vine on the one arbor. I've walked under it so many times and we even trimmed it Saturday. Never saw the nest. But I was weeding nearby and she landed on top of the arbor with a worm in her mouth. She turned and looked at me...then jumped into the Trumpet Vine. I went over to take a look and she threatened to take my head off. LOL! So..I moved to the other end of the garden. I didn't want to upset her anymore than she already was. I repect nature and want the garden to be a happy home for birds,etc.
Now the Mrs.Rabbit and I might hit heads soon. I found where she had made a nest and raised her babies which is fine..but she seems to think the garden is her meal plan everyday. She has eaten a few of my favorite flowers. Didn't make me happy. So we'll see how it goes.
I put some cuttings of a few trees(Curly Willow & Pussy Willow)in water and they're starting to root. That makes me very happy. When we open and people walk through the garden they will certainly want starts of these awesome trees.


Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291144-Tuesday