*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291400-Just-a-note
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#291400 added May 21, 2004 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
Just a note...
Had to come back in and add this to the journal. I love to stand at the window and watch the birds and animals in the butterfly garden. There is always something to watch.
The first thing that caught my eye was a Ringneck Pleasant taking a break under my Curly Willow tree. He was totally soaked.
Then I watched two wild rabbits running through the garden playing. It was funny. Then the one rabbit took a break and decided to clean himself. The other one I saw ran into the one section of the garden. He/she came out with a mouth full so "something" in his/her mouth. I thought..what in the world would they be carrying in their mouth like that. Well, he/she must be a female because she is building a nest. She goes to a perennial bush and gathers up any dead stems or leaves, puts them into her mouth then runs into a thick patch of perennials in another part of the garden. I thought...yep..she's building a nest. So...I'm going to have more bunnies.LOL! They're so cute.
It's so nice having the cats inside and not worrying about the baby rabbits. I always hated the cats bringing the baby rabbits inside. The baby rabbits are safe from the cats...but hopefully I'm not over run with rabbits either.
Koyote just saw a bird out the window sitting on the Trumpet Vine. She's making funny noises. Like she'd know what to do with a bird! A few years ago she brought two baby birds into the house, carried them upstairs to my bedroom without drawing a drop of blood. It was like instinct told her to catch the baby birds...but she didn't know then what to do with them. Funny stuff. I took the baby birds to a local lady to raise until they could be turned loose again and be free.

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291400-Just-a-note