*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291543-More-babies
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#291543 added May 22, 2004 at 6:50am
Restrictions: None
More babies!

Well, what I thought was something "cute" to look at...turned out to be a nightmare for me. After the rain last evening...I walked out to look over the plants I have out for sale next week. When I got to the Bee Balm...I noticed holes all through the leaves. Something was eating the leaves. So taking a closer look...I noticed a tiny,tiny grasshopper! It was only about 1/4" in length!! I tried to take a picture with my digital but it didn't turn out.
So moving on to look for whatever was eating my plants...I discovered more baby grasshoppers. Hundreds!!!!!!!!! OMG..I was floored. They were everywhere!
To work so hard and be opening in one week..this didn't make my day. So we read the instructions on some spray we have called "Seven". I sure didn't want to hurt any butterflies by spraying anything on these plants..but I didn't want to lose my plants either.
This spray "Seven" is what we sprayed my blueberry bushes with last year when something was eating the leaves off of that plant.
So..I went crazy spraying everything. There were baby grasshoppers everywhere. So...I have no idea how the spray worked overnight. It's raining again today...no surprise there...it's the weekend of the Arts Festival.
So we'll see. I guess like Nubs said if it was easy to open your own business everyone would be doing it.
Update on Mrs. Rabbit...she worked for hours building a nest. I tried to look for a nest..but didn't go moving any plants to find it. I didn't want to bother her if she was laying on new babies.
And here is a picture of the baby birds I found a few days ago. They now have feathers on them and are growing like crazy. Hope you can see them in this picture. I didn't want to move the stems of the plant to get a better picture.

Baby birds discovered in the butterfly garden.

Want a pet grasshopper?

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291543-More-babies