*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291671-Plants-that-are-up-this-spring
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#291671 added May 23, 2004 at 7:38am
Restrictions: None
Plants that are up this spring...
Plants update:
Butterfly bushes are up about 1/4 of the way.
Anise
Butterfly weed
Sweet Annie
Black Eyed Susan
Dill
Daisies are blooming
Trumpet Vine has green foliage over arbor
Wisteria is blooming
Joe Pye is up about half way
Corral Bells are blooming
Holly Hock is up about 3 1/2'
Clematis is blooming
Might update this list later.

Also,my blue berry bushes have blossoms where the blue berries will be. I'm hoping to at least eat a few berries this year. Gotta love those blueberries.

As of today the butterfly garden is very lush and green with not much color except for the daisies.

Yesterday at the Arts Festival I bought pink yarrow,red yarrow, yarrow that wasn't mark but I grabbed anyway, Phlox, Holly Hock and a Red Hot Poker plant. I just missed a bag of Lilac starts for $2.00. Pissed me off. It was so muddy at the Festival..it always rains and I had mud splashing up the back of my legs. All for the plants.

It was very hot yesterday, but we had to repot all the small ornamental grasses we first did this spring. I wasn't buying potting soil then we were just using top soil we had bought by the dump truck load. What a mess! I had weed growing up through all the plants. It looked like Hell! So...Nubs would bring the plants over...empty out the pot...clean the weeds out...keep the top soil for my baby maples..then I would repot the grass in good potting soil. I think we did over 100 pots. Guess that's how you learn..the hard way.

Then I had to respray for those damn baby grasshoppers. I think the Seven is helping but it just makes me sick.

Plus we went up to a large local greenhouse yesterday...Man! They have their perennials selling for $1.99 each. Bigger and healthier looking then mine. But after thinking about it and hearing SMs's voice in my head (and that's a good thing)..I'm not competing with those big greenhouses. I have something special here..the butterfly garden. I get crazy with everything and think I have to have this business perfect to start out and it's not going to happen.

It will take years to get it the way I want...so I just have to keep plugging away at it. I have to realize you never get done and that's just the way it is.


Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291671-Plants-that-are-up-this-spring