*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291947-Bootstraps--Bootstraps
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #851868
Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and little old Lizzie are back
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#291947 added May 26, 2004 at 6:08am
Restrictions: None
Bootstrap's Bootstraps

Will stared at Captain Jack in astonishment, then at Liz. His father had been drowned by the crew of the Black Pearl because he had not beleived in the muttiney against Jack.

"It can't be true Jack." He was looking hard at the man now. Trying to find out if the man was teeling the truth. He could never tell with the Captain.

"Will's felt it. Dreamed it. The sinking..." Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, "His dad could not have survived."

"Well, that's where ye are wrong darlin'. The man was cursed, until last year or whatever the man was the living dead. He did steal one of the aztec peices, after all there would have been no need for William if he hadn't. If those ejits could walk underwater, so could your dad. Leave him for a while and he'd have figured a way to escape cannons, he wasn't stupid, though I admit it doesn't show down the line."

"He's... alive..." Will had suffered nightmares ever since he had heard of his father's story but it was never Bootstrap being taken down it was Liz or himself, Jack. And he watch them drown, heard their pleas.

"Now then, got any rum?"

Elizabeth glowered at him, "What kind of person do you think I am -" she began.

"I've some Jack," Will looked at Liz guiltily, "In the cellar."

"I thought I banned that stuff from this house!"

"You did." Will suddenly seemed to find the floor very interesting.

Jack laughed, "We'll have a pirate out of you yet."

This time it was Will's turn to glare at him. He never wanted to be a pirate. Not even if his life depended on turning.

"Where is he? My father?"

"On the Pearl. But you know kid, I need a drink, how bout you fetch out that rum."

Elizabeth hopped about angrily, "Something's very wrong..."

Both men looked at her. What was she on about? Will stepped closer to her and looked searchingly into her eyes.

"Something's coming..."

"She's needs a drink to by the sounds of it."
Jack tried to lighten the mood but the tease fell limp, hollow. Even Jack could not understand what was going on.

The few candles that were lit in the house were blown out by a strange wind. Jack looked around, "Something isn't right that's for certain."

----------

Three shadows crept through the port. Keeping out of sight because of one that more or less staggered with a bottle in his hand between male and female forms. They were runnning towards the fort. As they opened the lower door and climbed up the stairs two of them revealed themselves in the light.

"Norrington!" Elizabeth called out urgently, "Commodore!"

"Yes, Elizabeth is that you?"

"Of course. I think there's something horrible going to happen. Pirates."

Will winced, it sounded so foolish.

"Do you have evidence of this?"

"No, not really..."

"Is that the informer?" Norrington pointed at the heavily shadowed Jack, "Who are you, show yourself."

"Youuu know who I amm..." Jack's voice was barelyy recognisable as he drained the large bottle of rum and dropped it.

"I do?" Norrington sounded bemused.

"You've heard of me." Jack lurched out of the dark, "'Ello commodore, since when did you have an identical twin?" Belched Jack, seeing double though his drunk eyes.

"You!"

Jack swayed and he stuck out his hand to thin air falling forward as he tried to shake with the second, invisable commodore.

Will sighed, this was typically Jack. Why had he let the pirate loose in his cellar?

"Actually no, he didn't tell me anything," Elizabeth tried to explain, "He's here because of Will... And of course we couldn't let him alone in the house, he's dangerously drunk, as usual."

Even Norrington had to spare a grin for that as Jack attempted to stand up again but failing and resulted to crawling around on the floor, "I lost it. Damn thing!"

"What's he lost?" Norrington looked first at Liz and then at Will. Both shrugged.

"His mind?" Elizabeth muttered.

But Will dragged the pirate outside. Norrington and Liz stared after the pirate and boy enquiringly until they heard the splash of water and a disgruntled yell.

"That's bloody bad luck!"

"You weren't sleeping!" Will was laughing as they reentered the room with a dripping, bedraggled Jack.
© Copyright 2004 Dr Matticakes Myra (UN: dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Matticakes Myra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291947-Bootstraps--Bootstraps