*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292583-May-28th-entered-May-30th--Distracted-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#292583 added May 30, 2004 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
May 28th entered May 30th- Distracted again
Friday May 28th entered May 30th, 2004

My camper quest is delayed today just like all my entries into the Olympic Decathlon.

The District Attorney called early this morning and told me that my daughter would be out of jail by noon. I was instructed to stay by the phone and wait for her to call me to come pick her up.

I have no memory of what I did between 8:00 am and noon; all I know is that the phone never rang. I was getting worried. At 1:30 Friday afternoon she called. Seems that they did give her one phone call, but she did not know she was suppose to dial “9” to get an outside line – so she screwed the pooch on that too. Seems she walked home. The jail is about five or six miles from where she lives, so it was a healthy walk. She is young and it certainly would not hurt her. I am at least glad she called to let me know so that I was no longer tethered to the phone. My daughter told me that she had no clue that she was getting out. She was scared that they were moving her to another pod, as they are called. She said when the deputy took the handcuffs off; she was not going to hang around to give them time to change their minds. I just hope that this will deter her from committing any more crimes for the rest of her life.

I felt so much relief, and I thanked God for his divine intervention. Yep, after nearly a week of trying to reason with the people that make up the legal system in our community, and after getting to the point that I was asking myself who I would need to kill, I finally got on my knees and turned it all over to God. Obviously my methods, arguments, and reasoning were not working. Amazing as it may sound, within 24 hours of giving it to God my daughter was out of jail on a personal recognizance bond. The original $55,000 bond that they wanted just disappeared. Now, mind you my daughter had even paid an attorney $600.00 and he had done absolutely nothing except call me and fuss at me for talking to all the District Attorneys, councilmen and women, and anybody else that would listen to my plight. The point is my daughter is out of jail, and they are offering her a program called “PTI” that will require community service, fines, probation and some other stuff but she will not have a felony on her record. This means that she will actually be able to get a job.

My only hope is that this will be the end of her stealing days. I know that my relationship with my daughter is forever changed by her actions.

Tough love still sucks. I really believe it was harder on me than on her. She really did not like being in jail. I think that it is a good thing that she did not like being in jail. I hope that she hated being in jail enough to forever avoid doing anything that could possibly cause her to have to go back to jail. If that last statement is true, then all my misery was well worth it in my opinion.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292583-May-28th-entered-May-30th--Distracted-again