*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301852-Contradictive-lil-thing-called-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#301852 added August 11, 2004 at 5:13pm
Restrictions: None
Contradictive lil thing called Love
Quote: "We are alone, but together. And I imagine that's how it is for every two people thrown together by life and time. There is hurt. And there is comfort. And there is someone else beside you that makes you laugh and cry, and looks at things differently than you do."

I was thinking today (oh wow, oh boy, ut oh - pick your poison).
Love's a funny thing. Not that this is a new revelation. But seriously. Sometimes people tell you to stand up and fight for what you want, for who you want. Then other times? They tell you to let go of who you love and see if they'll come back to you. It just... it's so contradicting. How in the world do you ever make sense of it? All's fair in love and war? I can make that make sense, but how exactly does it work? How can you compare love to war? I just was pondering that today.

I watched I, Robot yesterday. It's a kickass movie. I should add it to my list of things everyone should be required to watch/read. Here are some of the things so far. Terminators, Brave New World, Alas Babylon (not so much so), 1984, Animal Farm, Day After Tomorrow, Farenheit 451, oo, there were so many more. Once I remember them all, I'll make a better list. Anyway, back to the movie...it's in the top list of my fav movies this year. I have Day After Tomorrow, The Butterfly Effect, Secret Window, and I, Robot. I've seen 13 going on 30 four times now... lol, perhaps I should add it, cause obviously I like it. It's a silly goofy romantic comedy, but if you really think about it, it could have so many underlying messages.

Eric asked me to tell him something and tell him honestly. To be as unbias as possible, which I can do at times. He asked me if he was a weak person. Here's what I said to him.
"in some ways, you could be considered weak. not that i consider you to be, but you want unbias. sometimes, which i'm sure you're aware of this, you should tell people to back off, or say no, or stand up for yourself more. but... you will stand up for your friends and your family, you're very strong when it comes to that. and the reason why you won't tell people to back off, say no, etc. is because you have a huge heart, you are a really caring person... some people are going to see that as weak...but it takes so much more to be hurt by someone, forgive them, and still care about them. it's easy to get hurt and just hate someone or be mad at them... that shows when someone's weak, but so many people see it the other way around."

Tis very true about our society. It's a dog eat dog world and everything. But in saying that, I'm a weaker person than he is. I stay mad for a while, I don't normally hate people, but I do dislike people. However, the people I dislike the most... they've not touched me, they've not normally directly pissed me off, they've done something to someone I care about alot. So, I don't think I'm entirely weak, but not as strong as him, don't have as big of a heart or as much trust. I admire him for those qualities.

Narf, it's about to storm. I have to go get my car from the shop.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301852-Contradictive-lil-thing-called-Love