*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301470-I-just-wish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#301470 added August 9, 2004 at 3:25am
Restrictions: None
I just wish
I just spent a couple of hours talking to Eric. We talked about religion, again. He said it, but I've often thought it. It's really nice to have someone to share things with. His family, at least his father and him went to church every Sunday. His dad gave sermons - so I suppose that makes him a preacher, in a way, right? Alas, Eric told me he was going to send me his father's first sermon. I've just finished reading it. It makes me so sad, to the point of almost crying that I couldn't have met this man. And it makes me want to cry, because everytime we talk about Eric's father, I understand more and more why he misses him so much. How his father wrote is simply wonderful and the ways he thought, wow. I remember Eric telling me about part of this sermon. I was impressed. And now, I'm entirely captivated. Eric sent me 3 more of his sermons to read, one is quite long, I believe. I really want to read them tonight, but alas, I don't think I have the umph.
In the end? I really just wish I would have had the chance to meet Eric's dad. And it still amazes me what kinda person Eric is. To loose a man that seems that great, but then, to go to a friend's 18th birthday dinner that night and not say anything, to act normal, to let things seem ok... because he didn't want to ruin it... *shakes head in amazement* I hope people never ask me to explain why what Eric did for my 18th birthday was so memorable and meant so much to me.
Now? I sit and talk to this man's son, who feels like a brother to me. Perhaps that's why I feel such an attachment to his dad, I'm not sure. I love his mom as well, well, darn, his whole family from the ones I've met. I think I'm gonna go see him this winter break. I meant to go before school started back.
How is it I can get so attached to someone I never knew, to someone else's family? Haha, simple. He's my brother from another mother. *nods* I hope things between him and I stay good, I really honestly do.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301470-I-just-wish