*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/305323-Challenge-ONE
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #885967
this started as a contest, and evolved into a collection of mostly poetry
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#305323 added September 6, 2004 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
Challenge ONE
*Flower1*First Challenge: August 21:*Flower1* *Challenge is to appeal to all five senses*

Her bare feet slammed against the cold tile floor as she sprinted after him. She fumbled with the doorknob, jerking the front door open in time to hear the slamming of the car door as the engine revved. The noise pierced the silence of the dark evening air, reverberating a thousand times back inside her head like an echo. The humid air was heavy, laden with the acrid smell of exhaust mingling with the faint smell of coming rain. The headlights came on, seering through the misty blackness between the front porch and the driveway, stabbing her eyes painfully- her head throbbing from a tension migraine. As the black escalade squealed out of the driveway, tears rolled over the smooth planes of her cheeks and over her lips. Biting her lip, the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth; she stared into the blank darkness.


*Heart*Skye*Heart*
*Star*~*resident
campfire
queen*~*Star*
© Copyright 2004 §k¥lår*ñêvêr*§ïmþl¥ (UN: ralyks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
§k¥lår*ñêvêr*§ïmþl¥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/305323-Challenge-ONE