*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/305324-Challenge-TWO
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #885967
this started as a contest, and evolved into a collection of mostly poetry
#305324 added September 6, 2004 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
Challenge TWO
*Flower2*Second Challenge: August 28:*Flower2* *Challenge is to percieve a minor character through a protagonist's eyes*

A clear tinkling laugh tickled my ears, causing the corners of my mouth to curve, recognizing the laugh. I tore my gaze away from the excitement of the first Kingswood High football game of the season to the direction of the laugh. I scanned the rows of band members, trying to locate the petite flute player.

It was already hard enough to find her, what with the entire band in the same black and white uniform down to the silly plumed hats, but she usually sat between two bigger girls. The second my eyes found her, our eyes connected and her whole face brightened. She sat up strait and waved excitedly calling, "Hey Jeremy!" loud enough for my buddies next to me to hear. Greyor nudged me in the ribs grinning wryly at me.

"Amazing how much personality fits into such a tiny person huh?" Greyor said through a mouthfull of nachos and jalepenos, crashing through my reverie.

"She is a very dynamic person." I agreed, half paying attention to what I was saying as I watched her talk to the girl next to her. Jennifer's bright green eyes flashed with genuine intrest, her hands and arms moving like she could not talk without them. Every few seconds she would push the tip of her cap back because it kept falling slowly into her eyes as she talked. I found myself wondering if she had the same kind of passion for everything she did.

As I was watching her, our team scored. I only noticed this because the band jumped up and lifted their instruments. Our fight song rang clear into the crisp autumn air. With the pulse of the percussion section and the energy she showed playing her little heart out on that flute, Jennifer made band seem like the best part of the entire football season.

*Heart*Skye*Heart*
*Star*~*resident
campfire
queen*~*Star*
© Copyright 2004 §k¥lår*ñêvêr*§ïmþl¥ (UN: ralyks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
§k¥lår*ñêvêr*§ïmþl¥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/305324-Challenge-TWO