*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309189-Oct-5th-Bill-Day-Late-Entry--VP-Debate-Ish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#309189 added October 6, 2004 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
Oct. 5th, Bill Day, Late Entry, & V.P. Debate. Ish!
October 5th, 2004

Today is Bill Day! I don’t know if everybody else operates the way I do, I doubt it.

I will tell you how inflation has affected me. My electric bill actually seems reasonable. As for my other utilities, I pay more for the outgoing water (they call it sewage, I call it steeling) than I do the incoming water into my home. Explain that to me. Well considering I buy bottled water to drink I think that the water people are telling me that they know that the water is almost worthless, and definitely not fit to drink. My gas bill is very reasonable. The highest bill I have is my cable, and I have basic cable. No fancy boxes, no pay per views, nothing extra and somehow it still cost almost $50.00 dollars a month. I have been living in Houma since before cable. My first cable bill was $12.00 a month and that included taxes.

We have DSL access through the cable company, and it sucks, and that costs almost $45.00 dollars a month. Ask me why I am always on dial-up. I wish my husband would stay home long enough to finally figure out that the DSL connection from the cable company is overpriced.

I watched the Vice Presidential debates. I fell asleep.

I am tired this evening and the words are not flowing. I did not finish anything I started today except paying the bills. Bill Day is depressing. Just about the time I am feeling secure because there is a little money in the bank. BAM. If there was a way to get a one or two-month reprieve from paying bills, I just might be able to save a few dollars. I will tell y’all this – I don’t need money, only the people I owe do!

I wish I could be a governor of a State. I swear I think basic necessities should not be an on going expense, and especially not a FOR PROFIT venture. Yes, I think water, electricity, and gas should be part of the benefits of just being on the face of this earth. The people who discovered this stuff are long dead. It was all born out of mankind’s needs. Now we are slaves to what was once something that would make our lives easier. My life is not easier simply because of the existence of fire and water – not in my lifetime.

Today, I can’t walk around and find two rocks to bang together to make fire, or find two sticks to rub together. Everybody has yardmen that throws all that stuff away. The land fill use to be free, we use to call it the city dump – well the same people that sell the water must be running the city dump because it sure cost an arm and a leg just to throw stuff away. I wonder what the cave men did with their trash, or ever worried about how much it costs to make garbage. I am absolutely sure that cave men didn’t worry about the cost of garbage. Why? They were busy discovering fire and how to use it so someday in the future somebody would come along and be able to charge me for it.

Well I just made my word quota. Discovered I am LATE. I can’t wait to come back and read this and see if it makes any sense at all tomorrow Good night.


© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309189-Oct-5th-Bill-Day-Late-Entry--VP-Debate-Ish