*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309219-Oct-6-Politics-Deciet--Lies-Only-596-Words
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#309219 added October 6, 2004 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
Oct. 6: Politics: Deciet, & Lies! Only, 596 Words!
October 6th, 2004

Well, I am not going to allow myself a late entry again. I am really angry with myself for missing the deadline. I have excuses, but no good reason; not even one. I am not going to let myself off the hook for this. It is simply inexcusable.

Since I fell asleep during the Vice Presidential debates I am forced and compelled to listen to the news medias take on the event. My husband and I have discussed the role of a Vice President, and it is our joint opinion that not since it was rumored that Vice President Johnson was a part of the Kennedy assassination plot has the position of the Vice Presidency been more important. Age and health of a sitting President was a consideration in our discussion. We heard a news commentator say, “We (Americans) are not electing a Vice President.” Both my husband and I disagree with that statement, but we acknowledge the fact that there is probably some real truth in the fact that most Americans do not feel that they are voting for a Vice President. But should we vote for a Vice President? We both think that it is an important consideration.

Why has nobody confronted Cheney on his call to shoot down a commercial airliner on September 11, 2001? It has been reported in the news media that he claimed to have Presidential authority, and President Bush has skirted this issue as well by neither confirming nor denying that he gave Cheney the authority to call the ball. We both have serious questions concerning Cheney’s motives for giving the order to shoot down a commercial airliner. We wonder if his shoot down order was motivated by a sincere concern to protect Americans or save his own ass? We really wish somebody would have asked publicly and demanded an answer.

This business with the flu vaccine is serious, and I question why is the bulk of the vaccine manufacturing is outsourced to other countries. The media has said that it is not a highly profitable venture, and that vaccine manufacturing is high risk for litigation. Again, it is all about the money, and less and less about the welfare of the people. It is a dangerous situation. The outsourcing of American manufacturing has destroyed the manufacturing base in America, the same manufacturing base that allowed America to protect itself during WWII. I read yesterday that China is experiencing major power outages due to their poor electric power infrastructure. It was stated that without electrical power the outsourced manufacturing is basically null and void as their labor may be cheap but their ability to actually perform and produce was never examined. Good JOB, and yes I am being sarcastic.

The serious situations concerning America from the war in Iraq to the economy is taking a toll on my ability to concentrate on writing much more than more political commentary that nobody will read or listen to. I feel that it is un-American not to be concerned, interested and an active participant in deciding the fate of our country. I guess I could turn off the television and refuse to listen to these irritating political goings ons, but then I would be guilty of apathy – and I am not complacent or apathetic. I refuse to be distracted by my own anger and frustration with the political process, such that it is. I think that generally Americans are being jerked around. I am also beginning to wonder why anybody would want to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309219-Oct-6-Politics-Deciet--Lies-Only-596-Words