*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310358-October-13th-Late-Entry-I-have-a-doctors-excuse
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#310358 added October 14, 2004 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
October 13th: Late Entry, I have a doctor's excuse
Written October 14th, because I was too blasted sick to write October 13th. Can a Doctor's Excuse excuse me? I didn't think so. I had to try.

When I get sick, I get very sick, very fast. I don’t know why. I do know that I am fortunate that I don’t get sick often.

Wednesday, started out with an 8:30 am doctors appointment where antibiotics were prescribed. I wanted a shot that I didn’t get, and now I have yet another appointment scheduled for next Wednesday, October 20th. I think the less time spent in doctor’s offices the better, because everybody there is SICK and I definitely don’t want to catch what they’ve got on top of what I’ve got. It’s a vicious merry-go-round.

Even though I was feeling like death warmed over, I stopped to get my engine oil changed. Sick or not I am still planning to go to Houston Texas for the weekend, as long as it is okay with Jessiebelle.

Then I am still dealing with the aftermath of a near fatal tax audit, and the last extension only gives me to October 15th to make sure the CPA that I now have gets it done and ready to be signed and mailed. Taxes make death have a strange sort of appeal in my opinion. Sad!

When I finally got home, I was sicker and more exhausted than I realized. My husband dragged in from his job and took one look at me and asked, “You’re still sick?” to which I replied, “What do you think?” He then drove to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics that I had forgotten to pick up. It is good to have someone that is willing to help take care of you when you’re too sick to take care of yourself. When he got home with my antibiotics, I immediately took a double dose and intended to watch the debates. That did not happen. I woke up at midnight and realized that I had not only missed the Presidential debates, I had also fallen asleep on the sofa, and missed the deadline for the journal entry for the Long Distance Olympic Event. Unable to extract myself from my deathbed, I took another round of antibiotics and collapsed. I woke again at 4 am, and to my amazement I was feeling better. Thank God, antibiotics work. At 9 am I’ll take another dose, and with any luck at all by the time my 1:30 dentist appoint rolls around today I will be feeling even better.

Dentists are a necessary evil. I think I am a reincarnated death camp survivor that was a victim of vicious dental experiments during Hitler’s attempted extermination of the Jews. Yes, I am a coward. The older I get it appears the bigger coward I become, as I realize that there is so much more to be afraid of.

Living gets more difficult as a body gets older. Not only is there the struggle to maintain a youthful appearance, it is a much more difficult struggle to maintain the body’s healthy condition. I have come to realize that a person’s health is based on so many variables. Genetics plays a huge roll. Lifestyle is another factor. Let’s just say that I am not a lucky sort.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310358-October-13th-Late-Entry-I-have-a-doctors-excuse