*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310451-Oct-14th-Going-to-Houston-to-meet-Jessiebelle
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#310451 added October 14, 2004 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 14th: Going to Houston to meet Jessiebelle
October 14th, 2004

Oh, my dentist was snippy today. I guess I need a root canal, and he just wants to yank out my tooth. I want to save it, and all he wants to talk about is the last three cleaning jobs that I couldn’t manage to sit through. I just wish that he realized that the young ladies he has working in his office do not have the skill and proficiency that he does. I have been going to him for well over two years now, and if he is just going to bitch at me because I am a big coward when it comes to dental work, I can always go back to where I use to go.

Reservations are made, and I leave for Houston after my husband and I have breakfast at 6 am. I am so looking forward to meeting Jessiebelle. We have been talking on the phone for well over a year. It is going to be fun to sit down and have a real cup of coffee and a face-to-face conversation with fun, entertaining friend. Unfortunately, I will have to make the trip alone. It will be all right but it will just seem strange.

All I got to say is, Thank God for antibiotics. I am feeling so much better. I still have a dull ache in my left, lower jaw, but I think root canal and saving the tooth is more important than just yanking it out. It costs a bundle to put something back in the holes that dentist make.

Bought a new purse today. It was fun. That is the first new purse I have purchased in over five years. I kept the last one for over fifteen years. So, now whoever is reading this journal knows that I am not a big spender. Actually, I hate shopping. I’ve often wondered if I would feel that way if I didn’t just shop out of sheer necessity.

Picked up some new tee shirts, some socks, and a new pair of s t r e t c h pants that feel like jeans but don’t look like jeans, because the pants at brown not blue. Yep, I shopped today.

My loving husband is now printing out maps for my trip tomorrow to Houston. I know the man is worried; he knows first-hand how geographically challenged I am, and he also knows that I will only drive during daylight hours. Diabetes has started wreaking havoc on my night vision. And it is because of my health that I feel a need to do some of the things I want to do now; I fear if I wait I will never get to do them. I may live another 20, maybe 30 years, but then again there are never any guarantees. So I am just planning to do what I can do, while I can still do it.

It has been over ten years since I have just up and decided I was taking a trip on my own. I used to just up and take a relaxing Sunday drive to Memphis, Tennessee, visit some cousins and turn around and come back to New Orleans. Life is good. I am looking forward to meeting Jessiebelle, but I still wish my husband were coming along for the ride.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310451-Oct-14th-Going-to-Houston-to-meet-Jessiebelle