*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311245-Tuesday-Oct-19-Late-entry-Im-hungry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#311245 added October 20, 2004 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday, Oct. 19: Late entry, I'm hungry...
Tuesday, October 19th, 2004

I don’t know how many people are as casual as I am about just deciding to do something, and then just doing it. My husband chose not come with me to Houston when I decided it was imperative that I meet my friend, Jessiebelle, in person. My husband is not a spur of the moment type of guy. His every action is well thought out and planned, so are the words he speaks. He processes everything, and everything he says and does is deliberate and intentional. So completely opposite of how I am. I never know what I am going to do or say from one minute to the next. I live life according to the mood I wake up in on any given day, and my moods can be extremely varied depending on something as simple as the dream or dreams I had the night before. Life with me is typically very chaotic. Rick, my husband, is my Rock of Gibraltar, so to speak. He is steady, consistent, stable, and predictable. We are what some might call polar opposites. Rick missed a delightful trip, and missed meeting some wonderful people, too.

Sunday at Jessiebelle’s started with her picking me up at the hotel. I convinced her that we had time to grab a quick cup of coffee at the restaurant, Harris County, which was located directly in front of the hotel. At 8:30 in the morning the Harris County restaurant was already setting up for an oversized Texas lunch. There was a cafeteria type serving line, and the walkway to the buffet line contained at least thirty large, metal bins containing approximately fifty different types of ice-cold beer. The aromas from the brisket, bar-b-que chicken and ribs, and sausage were totally enticing, but it was breakfast time as far as I was concerned. The coffee was excellent, as was the grits and toast. I simply can’t resist grits and toast at 8:30 in the morning. The walls were filled with animal skins, old trappers tools, mounted deer and fish, and other very interesting, visually appealing memorabilia. By 9:00 we were off to where else, but the amazing donut shop. We loaded up with a varied assortment of delectable pastries, and headed to Jessiebelle’s where everyone was awaiting the arrival of more gourmet pastries.

Shortly after Jessiebelle’s daughter drove us to Circuit City, or Best Buy, I don’t remember which, where Jessiebelle and I both purchased wireless Internet cards. Hers worked, my computer wouldn’t work, and consequently that fact also contributed to my long weekend absence on Writing.Com and my expected participation in the Olympic Decathlon Daily Writing Challenge.

I did have a very mild case of Writing.Com withdrawal symptoms, but it was more than worth it to spend time, in real life, with a friend. I think that the Milkman’s announcement that he was only going to hold one more Olympic Decathlon has taken the wind out of my sails. I honestly believed that his Olympics would be an on going yearly event similar to the yearly NanNoWritMo.

Seems the Daily Writing Challenge is an on going, dependable event that I will plan on staying a part of, since the Milkman is not planning on continuing the Olympic Decathlon. And since he has never responded to any of my e-mails and no longer intends to continue the Olympics, I reconsidered sending him any contest ideas. I am feeling upset with the Milkman but I am sure it is my overall disappointment in the inevitable discontinuation of the Olympic Decathlon.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311245-Tuesday-Oct-19-Late-entry-Im-hungry