*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311252-Wednesday-October-20th-Journal-now-current
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#311252 added October 20, 2004 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday, October 20th: Journal now current
Wednesday, October 20th, 2004

With this entry my journal is now, once again up to date.

I made the return trip home from Jessiebelle’s Monday. Traffic was horrendous, weather varied from over cast and cloudy to raining cats and dogs. I got a ding in my windshield going under an overpass that was being newly erected. I made good time, but at least I did stop instead of driving straight through like I did on the trip to Jessiebelle’s.

Tuesday morning I had a dental appointment. Root canal sucks. So between being too exhausted to journal Monday, and the root canal job on Tuesday, today is the first day that I have even attempted to bring my journal up to date.

Sunday with Jessiebelle:

We were able to get away and go to Barnes and Noble bookstore. The store is much larger than the store here, and way bigger than the Books A Million here, too. Coffee was good, and I spent another $44.00 on books. It is like an addiction, but at least it is healthy.

After better than an hour in the bookstore, I needed a cigarette and I was starving. I hate non-smokers at times like these. The first four or five restaurants we stopped at were all non-smoking establishments. Jessiebelle was kind enough to tolerate my request to find a restaurant that allowed smoking. We finally found an excellent Mexican restaurant that Jessiebelle frequents with her fellow workers regularly on weekdays for lunch.

The Mexican food alone is worth a trip to Houston, Texas. We had a late lunch, which caused me real grief because I was still not hungry by seven when we planed to have dinner at a restaurant called the Texas Steakhouse. The atmosphere was so… so Texas Cattle country like. I’d advise that if traveling to Texas start eating early so that you can actually eat three meals a day. Portions are large, very large. I know that I am going to feel cheated by the serving size in my hometown restaurants when I get home. Of course, if I lived in Houston, I’d end up as big as a house with so much good food everywhere, or if I lived in Houston, I’d probably end up in a diabetic coma, because of the wonderful gourmet pastries. Food is a good reason to travel, but when you can combine good friends and good food the experience is almost spiritual.

I have a 4:30 pm doctor appointment today. I hate doctors too, although I’d probably be dead if not for doctors. I’d be toothless, too, if my husband could not afford the cost of sending me to the dentists. It is an attitude I have developed since getting older. Evidently my genetics suck. My brain and my body are not chronologically in agreement. IT is this physical chronological disagreement that made it imperative for me to go see Jessiebelle, as well as making me feel it necessary to make plans to attend the 2005 Writing.Com Convention in Bethlehem, PA. I have NEVER made plans so far in advance in my whole entire life.

I can’t imagine how wonderful it is going to be to meet so many people all at once that I have come to know so fondly as my Writing.Com family. I think if Bush wins reelection, it will be necessary to get Visas to travel from State to State. Democracy is definitely under a bigger threat from Bush, the man who thinks he is King, than from any other foreign terrorists groups. Bush is a dictator.





© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311252-Wednesday-October-20th-Journal-now-current