*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312099-The-Regulars-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Career · #860256
A log of the goings on at my place of business.
#312099 added October 28, 2004 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
The Regulars #1
Whenever you work in a mall there are always 'regulars.' These are the people who come to the mall on a daily basis and just hangout. They know the names of all the employees in every store and they always stop by for a bit of conversation. For what reason these people seemingly live at the mall, we don't know and we don't ask. It must be noted that regulars are not teenagers or kids, they are usally adults 40+ years in age.

This is the tale of one of these regulars.

Picture if you will a man in his late forties/early fifties with long brown hair that is slightly balding. He wears large tinted glasses from the seventies and has a bit of a beer belly. His jeans are held up by a belt buckle the size of a dinner plate (no kidding!) and he wears a pair of old, brown, cowboy boots. His short sleeved t-shirt reveals arms covered in tattoos. He is a very nice man who talks to anyone about anything.....for a loooooonnnng time.

One day he had us trapped behind the cashwrap explaining his love of motorcycles. How much he loved them, what they looked like, what it felt like to ride one, etc. etc. etc. Just plainly everything about motorcycles and riding them. So we asked the natural question, "So, you ride motorcycles?"

"No," he replied, "I ride a moped."

And thus the regular "Moped Man" was born.

© Copyright 2004 WithyWindle (UN: minnow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WithyWindle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312099-The-Regulars-1