*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312258-Fri-Oct-29-Coma-4-Quadrants-and-Civil-War
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#312258 added October 29, 2004 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Fri., Oct. 29: Coma, 4 Quadrants, and Civil War
Friday, October 29th, 2004

Oh man, my husband just got home from work and had to wake me up. I vaguely remember deciding to lie down for a just a minute at about 2:30 this afternoon. I also vaguely remember talking to my yardman, but I thought it was a dream until my husband asked, “Who swept up all the leaves?” Then, it must have not been a dream, but the poor man didn’t get paid either because I was in one my “Never, Never Land” state of minds.

When Rick woke me up, I thought it was morning and coffee time. He mentioned that he had been calling, and he was relieved to know that he hadn’t done anything to make me mad at him. I love my husband. He really frowned when I told him I was glad that when he got home he didn’t find me dead. Oh, the man was NOT amused, especially since he knows that I am really not kidding.

I am a good wife. Now, mind you I am not as good a wife as I use to be because of some of my health problems, but it is very old technology that is really helping me maintain my good wife status. I’ll explain, evidently this morning I made dinner in the slow cooker. So, here I’ll sit with my loving husband, and still have a fine dinner, Beef Stroganoff, even though I slept all afternoon. I didn’t remember that I had fixed dinner right away after I woke up either; after all I thought it was morning and I wanted coffee. Oh, I am so easily confused, but I love my husband, and he thinks I am a good wife, and it is all because the man bought me a slow cooker, and he just finished fixing me coffee. Have I told you how much I love me husband?

I have gotten so many sympathy e-mails about the confusion and miscommunication between the Milkman and I. I love Writing.Com. So many nice people in one place, I wish we could have our own little town, or at least a retirement community. Someplace that is just not all virtual, someplace that is real, someplace where we could all meet face to face and someplace that is just not up NORTH. So, with that in mind, I think that I am going to divide the United States up into four quadrants: two Northern Quadrants, and two Southern Quadrants. We know that the Northeastern quadrant has it own real Writing.Com yearly convention, well now, we need three more and every four years, NOT ELECTION YEARS, we could have an ALL Quadrant Writing.Com Reunion Convention. Yep, that is my plan. And I will present StoryMaster and StoryMistress with a formal Preliminary Proposal at the 2005 Convention in Pennsylvania.

I know how wonderful and wise the StoryMaster is, but I wonder if he is really understands that Writing.Com is a growing global entity and he just can’t keep on having just one convention in the far Northeastern quadrant of the United States and expect us Southerners to just sit back an do nothing about it. Oh, yes! The Critic wakes up out of a coma like state and wants to restart the war between the North and the South.

I really don’t want a Civil war; I just want the StoryMaster to cooperate. Nobody ever just cooperates with my wants and whims. So I am going to have to resign myself to accepting the fact that I’ll probably end up starting another Civil War.



© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312258-Fri-Oct-29-Coma-4-Quadrants-and-Civil-War