*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312383-Sat-Oct-30th-One-More-Day-to-goyippee
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#312383 added October 30, 2004 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Sat. Oct. 30th: One More Day to go...yippee!
I am sitting in room 304 at the Sleep Inn in Pineville, Louisiana. Of course I have to use my husbands computer because for some reason mine just doesn’t travel well. His works, mine doesn’t – I don’t understand – standard operating procedure, and I have no clue how to punctuate this sentence, which should be totally obvious.

The drive here was nice and easy.

I am watching the news, and Bush is an arrogant ass. If his misguided bunch of supporters continue to arrest and intimidate private citizens with his blessings hopefully people will see that him for the terrorist that HE is, and will not tolerate being intimated any longer. The tactics of the Bush administration and the Republication Party is just wrong, and I am sick and tired of it. Enough said.

Tomorrow I get to see my son who is at Camp Beauregard in a pre-boot camp. Jon-Ray, my son, his brother, who is in the Army, will be there too. It is a Family Day. Jon-Ray leaves for Iraq in 69 days as of tomorrow. I get some twisted comfort from the fact that the news continues to report that the military personnel killed in Iraq are Marines, and my son is in the Army. I just can’t deal with the thought that my son might not come back, not for lies told by George W. Bush.

We have three cases of sodas iced down in an ice chest in the van, and Rick and I bought Billy a 500-minute phone card to use to call home. I haven’t told Rick but I suspect that Billy is a little hustler. He only gets to call home approximately ten minutes every Sunday maybe. I think he is selling minutes to other guys in his platoon. Oh yes Billy would do that; he really thinks he is slick, but I got his number.

I am drinking coffee this time of night; I cannot believe that this hotel does not have diet sprite in their soft drink machines. Unfortunately, I have a problem with sodas that have dyes in them to artificially color them. I don’t know why, and I am not going to spend a fortune on medical tests to determine why either, as that seems like a waste of good money.

How come nobody ever talks about how really ugly Arafat is? He may be the nicest man in the world, but he is certainly the ugliest. The man is sick and dying and everybody seems so surprised, the man is ancient. Nobody lives forever, people are just stupid sometimes, and why is everybody acting so shocked because he is so sick? Strange.

Well, one more day and this year’s daily writing challenge will be over, but for November I am doing Wannabe’s NaNo Challenge. I think that this is going to be a very good way to assist me in keeping track of my word count.

Jessiebelle has a picture of me in her portfolio from when I visited with her in Houston. Gez, I have gotten really old, and fat. I had forgotten my brush at home in Houma since Friday, and I don’t normally wear makeup so I didn’t have any makeup on, and I haven’t met a camera yet that really liked me. Well, at least she made it NOT ratable as I requested.





© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312383-Sat-Oct-30th-One-More-Day-to-goyippee