*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313246-What-the-hell-is-this
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#313246 added November 6, 2004 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
What the hell is this?
Ok, I've had about 20 people say to me now that they're "seriously" leaving for Canada because Bush was re-elected. All this because of the fear that the draft might come back. I've heard as of late that it's not coming, but according to everyone whining: "But it will!"

I think it's safe to say we have a pretty army with quite a few people in them. They don't need civilians who have never had training to go to war. Atleast not before the guys who have a hard on for going to Iraq. Hey, if you want to kill shit in other countries, fine, go ahead. I'm not going to.

If the draft does get re-instated, I'd probably be pretty close to the top of the list, but you know what? I ain't going. I'm not going to run to Canada like a pussy. I'm just going to sit in my house. Sned all the letters you want saying I have to report somewhere for my duty as an American. I have to report to duty? Kill yourself. I'm not reporting for anything, but my job. Which is not wearing a helmet and shooting people.

If the army does come to get me by force and drags me to the recruiting station or whatever it is, I'll tell them flat out in the most plain terms that I will shoot the person who hands me a gun. Chances are, they'll be dumbass bigots and hand me one and I'll blow the fucker's head off. Then it's off to jail for me. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. How's that for an easy way out of war?

© Copyright 2004 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313246-What-the-hell-is-this