*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317335-Chapter-Thirteen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #915981
A small town is turned upside down when a handsome young man comes looking for his friend.
#317335 added October 19, 2006 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Thirteen
Mandy woke up the next morning feeling rested and energized. The dream was still on her mind but she shook it off. She decided to go for a morning run before showering and going to work. She put on her favorite jogging outfit and left the house.

As she closed the door she heard, “Morning Amanda!” Mandy turned around to see Miss Melly standing in front of her house.

“Good morning, Grammy” she called out. She crossed the street and ran up to Miss Melly and put her arms around the elderly woman and planted a kiss on her cheek. “What are you doing out here so early?” Mandy asked.

“Just wanted to get a breath of fresh air my dear.” Mandy knew better, Miss Melly wanted to catch her coming out of the house. Her curiosity about Paul had reached its peak. “Amanda, who was that young man I saw you with last night?”

Mandy thought, Here it comes. “His name is Paul Covington.”

“How long have you known him? I’ve never seen him around here before. He must be new in town.”

“I just met him Granny.”

“Well then, what was he doing in your house?”

“Grammy it’s not what you’re thinking. He came to Hickup Falls a little over a week ago to search for a friend who’d been missing. He and his friend are geologists, who came to check out and evaluate a mountain site for some investors. We just found his friend the yesterday” explained Mandy.

“Oh my! That’s terrible!” said Miss Melly. “I’m glad you were able to help find his friend. Is he alright?”

“Yes, he’s in the hospital but he’s going to be alright. I can’t take all the credit, Lone Wolfe was a great help. As-a-matter-of-fact, he’s still checking on some items we found on the mountain hoping to get some answers as to what happened to Mark.”

“And when did you plan on bringing him by to introduce him?”

Mandy knew what Miss Melly meant, So I can check him out. “I’ll try, I can’t promise anything. I’ve got to get going now, talk to you later. Love you!” she said as she kissed Miss Melly on the cheek before taking off on her run.

© Copyright 2006 Jazelle Vornet (UN: jazellevn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jazelle Vornet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317335-Chapter-Thirteen