*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317337
Rated: E · Book · Family · #916222
Works in Progress
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#317337 added February 17, 2005 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
A Christmas Fairy Tale
Once upon a time, in the vast Kingdom of Houston, there lived a family of eight by the name of Evergreen. Joseph Evergreen, the father, worked on the top floor of the tallest building in the city. He loved his family dearly and worked hard for them all week long and was devoted to them on the weekends. His wife Annaliese worked in the Children's hospital not far from her husband's office. They had five children. Seth and Daniel who were twins, were the oldest. They were eighteen years old and would graduate Highschool soon. They both worked in a place called the Galleria, where thousands of people flocked every day, especially around Christmas. They had three sisters. Alana, who was sixteen, Rachel, who was fifteen, and Melanie, who was thirteen. The youngest member of the family was six year old Charles, their cousin who had come to live with them when his parents died.

They all lived happily in a large house in the heart of the city.

One friday, only a couple of weeks before Christmas, Joseph Evergreen came home in the midst of the preperations for the Christmas party the family was hosting, with an important announcement.

His Boss's wife had reserved two cabins, deep in the mountains of Colorado, so they and some friends of theirs could spend the Christmas holidays up there. However, his wife, being pregnant, was about to give birth to their first child and the doctor was saying it would be any day now. They had both decided it would not be a good time to travel. So they wondered if the Evergreen family would be interested in taking the cabin in their place, as the reservation fee was non-refundable.

Amidst the cheers and squeals of delight on the part of the older Evergreens, little Charles asked,

"Will dere be Wooves or Beaws dere?"

"Oh I'm sure there will be pleanty of BEARS." said Seth mischeivously, creeping up to Charles' side. "Somebody has to keep the Wolves away!"

"AAAAAAAAAOoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwww!" howled Daniel.

Charles jumped on the twins in an attempt to wressle them to the ground, the only thing a self-respecting six year old could do. Realistically, the twins being twice his size couldn't be beat. However, being the good natured guys that they were, they pretended they were being beat until Joseph pulled Charles off and swung him onto his shoulders.

"Only enough of each to look pretty," he said to his nephew. "What kind of a trip to the mountains would it be if we didn't see a bear or a wolf or two?"

Charles saw the logic in this and proceeded to plan what stuffed animals he would take JUST INCASE he needed extra protection.



© Copyright 2005 Angel of Music (UN: christiansis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel of Music has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317337