*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317358-Chapter-Twenty-Eight
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #915981
A small town is turned upside down when a handsome young man comes looking for his friend.
#317358 added October 19, 2006 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Twenty-Eight
A couple of weeks later, Mark was ready to be discharged from the hospital. Paul and Mandy followed Vickie to the hospital. Mark looked more like the Mark they all knew and loved. He no longer had bandages on his hands but he wore thin cotton gloves to protect his skin while he continued to heal. He also wore protective covering on his feet. He still couldn’t wear regular shoes, only soft slippers. He was just grateful to still have his feet. He came so close to losing them. Mandy and Paul were there to see him and were happy to see the improvement. Vickie and the kids were there also so Mandy figured it was the perfect time to tell them about the upcoming Founder’s Day Celebration. She hoped Mark and his family would be willing to stay for it. Of course the children were excited to hear about it and begged their parents to stay. Mark and Vickie decided to stay so that Mark could meet some of the town people and he wanted to see Sarah Blake before he left, to thank her for all she had done for his family while he had been in the hospital.

Heather and Tommy were excited because the Sheriff and his wife had invited them to spend the day. The Sheriff was taking the day off in order to spend time with them and his own kids. Mark admonished the two of them to behave and they promised. They also let their father know that they couldn’t wait for him to leave the hospital and be with them again.


© Copyright 2006 Jazelle Vornet (UN: jazellevn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jazelle Vornet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317358-Chapter-Twenty-Eight