*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317767-Thank-God-for-grandchildren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#317767 added December 12, 2004 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
Thank God for grandchildren
My great-grandson and great-granddaughter
Great-grandchildren Kurtis and Katie


Today Macayla and Kurtis meet me at church and then came home to have lunch with Robert and me. After about an hour, Keri, Macayla's younger sister, arrived with her husband Robert and baby Katie.

Robert perked up and enjoyed the visit. He loves his family, and he knows that the girls and that great-grandson think of him with love. He's PaPa. He repects his grandson-in-law Robert, and Robert respects my Robert.

However, he can't hold Katie any more because of his weakness. But he played with her. She loved for him to clap his hands. She tried to copy him until she could, and she would laugh. Then she would grin and show her two bottom teeth. Poor baby, she is teething, and she's so miserable. She and PaPa both had some bad spells today.

** Image ID #917239 Unavailable **
Robert with Keri and Katie


Robert didn't last the afternoon with the kids, much as he wanted to. He had to go to bed, but when he got back up, Macayla had baked him some chocolate chip cookies. He enjoyed those.

Yes, others love my man, too, and they are gathering around because they want him to know that they love him, and they want to spend as much time as possible with him.

My granddaughter and her son, December 9, 2004
Macayla and Kurtis


This entry isn't flowing well tonight. I was touched by the love shown Robert, and to me. I know that part of him will continue to live in Macayla, Kurtis, Keri, and even little Katie, although she may not remember PaPa. I also know that I am not alone in my pain. They are right with me.


© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317767-Thank-God-for-grandchildren