*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318259-Bob-minus-luggage-arrived
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#318259 added December 16, 2004 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
Bob, minus luggage, arrived
I tried to go to bed. I'm tired enough that I should be able to sleep, but I'm excited enough that I can't. Thankfully, Robert can and is.

Bob walked in nearly an hour earlier than we expected me. I grabbed him and hugged him forever, or wished I could. Then I moved out of the way so he could go to his dad. Robert made it to his feet, and the two men, so much alike in so many ways, held each other in a tight embrace. Then Robert reached up and just touched Bob's face. He had wondered for some time if he would get to his namesake again.

After talking with us a bit, Bob called his brother, Randy. They may have fought like cats and dogs at times growing up, but they have always been very close. Bob is going to Heritage Hall, the private school where Randy teaches and is the IT director, tomorrow so that his brother can show him around.

While Bob and Randy talked on the phone, a group of teens from our church came caroling. Robert couldn't go to the door, but I left it opened so that he heard every note. He enjoys Christmas songs very much. In fact, he sings Christmas carols when he won't any other songs.

Poor Bob, his luggage made a wrong turn in Chicago, and while Bob reached Oklahoma City, his luggage didn't. Hopefully it will appear after taking its own side trip. However, since he had been traveling for about forty-eight hours, Bob wanted to change clothes. Macayla and Kurtis came to visit again, and she went with Bob to Wal Mart while Kurtis stayed with us.

Before she left, Macayla told Kurtis, "You be good."

He looked at her and then at me. "Why does she say that, 'be good'? I'm always good for you and PaPa."

Thank you, Lord, for bringing Bob home safe and sound so that his dad can see him (oh, having his luggage arrive would be nice, too). Thank you for the wonderful, loving sons you have given us. Thank you for granddaughters and great-grandchildren. Thank you for grandsons and loving daughters-in-law. Thank you for daughters. Thank you for all the blessings you have given us. Thank you for the years you have allowed Robert and me to have together.


© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318259-Bob-minus-luggage-arrived