*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318610-A-good-couple-of-days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#318610 added December 18, 2004 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
A good couple of days

A good evening shows in Robert's face
How Robert feels shows in his face


Bob's luggage showed up Thursday along with Keri and Katie. Robert felt better and stronger, so he was able to hold and play with Katie. She thought PaPa is the most fun of anyone around.

Robert feels strong enough to hold Katie


We had an enjoyable visit with Keri and Katie. Both Macayla and Keri think of Bob and Randy more as older brothers than uncles. Bob was seventeen when Macayla was born, and Randy was sixteen. Robert was always more of a father figure than a gandfather, too. The girls are not handling his illness well, but they want to be with him as much as possible.

Friday evening Macayla and Kurtis were back over. Kurtis thinks "the boys," as he calls Ryan, Colby, and Shane, are the most wonderful playmates in the world. When he heard that the boys were going to be here Friday, he begged his mother to come back.

We had wall to wall boys with four spread over the floor. I'll have to add pictures of all of them tomorrow.

The joy found with family gathered around is marvelous.

© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318610-A-good-couple-of-days