*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319934-Surrounded-by-love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#319934 added December 29, 2004 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
Surrounded by love
God is good; we, or at least I, don't always recognize that fact.

Last night Robert did have another "mild" stroke, and they will keep coming until his heart gives out or until he has a major one. But God has given me a wonderful online family, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren who gather around me in prayers and concern. I may have been physically alone with Robert last night, until the hospice nurse arrived, but many people were praying and wishing they could be here with me.

Two on the site were interacting with me through MSN or Yahoo Messenger. Their support helped keep my panic under control, well, sort of under control. This morning I received a phone call from Jessiebelle, one that ended up lasting over an hour (hope she has a very understanding husband), and might have lasted longer but the regular hospice nurse knocked on the door.

Last night, the nurse, the regional supervisor, arrived, and her competence was soothed me tremendously. She also voiced her displeasure that we haven't been getting faster service the two times we've called after hours. Apparently someone wasn't doing his or her job. Cathy made sure I knew her cell phone number and knew to call her if I didn't get help within thirty to forty-five minutes.

God does bless me and Robert. We're just blind at times.

© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319934-Surrounded-by-love