*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/320338-Happy-New-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#320338 added January 1, 2005 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Happy New Year
*Yawn* If you want to sleep or a time of quiet, especially at night - especially a holiday night - don't have a house of college students next door. The driveway is next to our bedroom. Oh, my, oh, my! No one ever told them to use their "indoor voices."

Few external things can usually awaken me when I go to sleep (Robert's voice, the telephone, a child's crying), but believe me, a sudden yell outside my bedroom can, as I discovered last night. A group of young people (I won't call them young adults, because they don't act very adult) stood outside yelling and cussing each other, but very friendly like. By-the-way, the worst language was used by female members of the group. Robert climbed into his power chair (he sleeps in a tee shirt and sweat pants) and visited the young men who own or rent the house.

Thankfully, the night was balmy, in the high 60s, so he didn't breathe cold air on his trip across the yard.

Anyway, as a result of bouts of sudden loudness, we were still awake at midnight, when everything quietened to just "conversation" with words no longer distinguishable. We wished each other "Happy New Year" and went to sleep with the hum of strangers' voices in our heads.

Happy New Year! God bless each and everyone of us, and may 2005 be a very good year.

© Copyright 2005 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/320338-Happy-New-Year