*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321892-Glimpses-of-the-silver-lining
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#321892 added January 9, 2005 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Glimpses of the silver lining
One glimpse, Robert has had several really good days, for him, lately. I am so thankful. He looks pale and is tired (as usual and to be expected), but he hasn't had another stoke or bad episode with his heart all week. Thank God.

Another glimpse, I have wonderful memories, but I also know that we have some good times left before us. We have loving children, really close friends (online, by phone, or that we can actually see). God has been good to us.

A third sighting, the truth of the message given by our pastor this morning reached me. We need to get a vision (a dream) for our lives, believe it can happen, start NOW, count on God's help, maintain focus, and, finally and hardest for me, be patient. Pastor Mark then gave us an acrostic, a rather ungrammatically incorrect one but still true. We need to include all the following in our year's blueprint:
Family
Intellect
Time and Talents
Ncome - so he can't spell *Laugh*
Exercise - physical and mental
Social
Spiritual

I pray God will help me in all areas. I want my family to continue to be an intrigal part of my life, and I want to be able to add to that family.

My intellect may be waning, but I want to strengthen it by reading and thinking.

My time needs to be well used and not wasted. Time can never be replaced or recovered once gone. My talents need to be used more efficently, and using my talent for writing needs to be joined with using my time wisely. The result, hopefully, will be a finished novel at least.

Ah, income, which I have little of to start with, but what I have can be used well and not wasted.

Exercise is one part of my life I can find an excuse to avoid, but an excuse is just that. I can, and with help, I will visit the fitness center's pool regularly.

Social, at least on line, isn't a problem, but I need to find a way to include real life social interactions.

The spiritual aspects of my life can be stronger, but God is the core of my existence.

The pastor ended his message with, "Stop making excuses."

God help me to stop making excuses and to enjoy every moment He gives Robert and me, for us both to find a vision for this year and to be the people He wants for us to be.

© Copyright 2005 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321892-Glimpses-of-the-silver-lining