*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324115-Kids
by Angela
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #930772
Ramblings from my mind!
#324115 added January 23, 2005 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
Kids
Why is it when a child doesn't follow the rules and gets in trouble, the parent is the bad guy? I should take this with a grain of salt. I have been the bad guy for about five or so years and should be used to it. Being a step-parent is a difficult thing. I think it would be easier if I didn't live with the children but I do. Maybe it wouldn't but there would be more peace in my life.

My youngest step-daughter is turning 12 next weekend. Next weekend is her time with her mother so we wanted to have the party this weekend. She invited six girls but only one was able to show up. Heather was so disappointed. I tried to make it fun anyway - they got to eat what they wanted and stay up late watching scary movies. That isn't my choice but I don't have a say in the movie situation in this house. The one rule for when friends stay over is that they aren't allowed to play on the computer. I think my house is the only house where this isn't allowed. Anyway, I got up and they were playing. I told them to get off and she got mad. She actually got so mad she was yelling at the dog. Now I am the bad guy. Oh well, she will get over it.

Sunday's are slow days around here but I have a ton of homework to do. I have a paper due on Wednesday along with a lot of reading for my next class. So until tomorrow . . .

© Copyright 2005 Angela (UN: acook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angela has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324115-Kids