*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325798-Power-Write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#325798 added February 1, 2005 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Power Write
I know I’ve written an entry already, and I should be doing something physically active, but I thought I’d Power Write. So, for twenty minutes, I’m gonna write straight without stopping. Mostly as an excising in writing my book. In that never – ending seazrch to be a writer who can get a quality piece down quickly. Like my sister Lisa. She’s great at it. I et jealous. Also, I’m fighting the urge to eat. If those potato chips over there don’t shut the hell up, I just may have to eat them!

God my office is such a mess. Tournament desk supplies are everywhere. The staff snacks too, are calling out to me. Every where I look there is junk food. Sit up straight, pull your stomach muscles in and write. Throw the food away and tell Bonnie we ate it all in the two days the tournament was here. Yesterday, we had a bag of Krispy Kreme doughnuts and I ate so many of them I finally handed the half eaten bag to a tournament player and said, “Here, take these home with you.” He was ecstatic, as he just got off the court and was starving.

What a nightmare the tournament was – on some levels anyway. I can’t imagine being the tournament director and dealing with all of it. First, the draws were full. 32 was the limit and ages 12, 14, 16, & 18. Boys and girls. It looked to be a very successful tournament. And with B. as the T/D, I knew it would be. Well, then, we were forcastied with the ice storm. Freezing cold temps with icy rain. She cancelled Saturday’s matches, which personally was a good thing cuz ZI never would have gotten my book done.

We resumed play on Sunday using Saturday’s original schedule. But, the courts were wet, so matches were delayed till ten thirty. I got to work at 8:15 to get things ready. We started around eleven, but w/ only a few courts. It was awful. At least parents were understanding. Once we put some on, we gradually added more,. Then, I heard that JDS only had six courts. Not sure how many they were supposed to put on, but it should have been around twenty. They were REALLY backed up. So, when players from there got to my tennis center, they were upset. We had the fortunate luck of having half of a level drop due to weather, so we caught right up. Lots of players dropped, messing up the draw and causing confusion. Sometimes I wonder if not penalizing them for defaults is a good thing.

The tournament was cut shorts. Some people were glad to get out of Macon, having travel into town on Friday evening, wasting their Saturday in a hotel room – theses people were all to glad to leave. But some were mad, saying they went through so much to get here. What a shame for them, to travel so far, and get wins through defaults. Not really getting to play.

I said to myself, I’d have cracked if I was the T/D. And since B. is soooo organized, you know things would have been worse if it were run by people like me.

I hate getting to work early. Hearing the phone ring, usually I answer it, but since I’m power writing, I’m ignoring it. I have ten more minutes and by golly I’m not clocking in. The ringing is an annoying interruption because I feel guilty. Usually, I get sucked in and pick it up and say hello. Getting stuck working more than I should. Feeling unappreciated for my extra efforts which seem to go unnoticed.

That’s how I found w.com in the first place. I was coming in early, since Laney gets dropped off at school at eight and my work is just round the corner from her school. I’d start work as soon as I got here. Then, I go into this huge fight with my boss. Long story. So I declared an end to it. Got on the internet and surfed for writing sites, not sure what I’d find. And boom! There it was, Stories.com. I can’t even remember why I chose if from the list of others but I did. You could create a book then and I had a journal and was typing away. Boy it felt good.

Gradually, I’ve started doing more work when I’m not on the clock again. Now that I’m menopausal, I’m pissed off all the time and have no patience, so, I’m getting back to the no working unless I’m on my forty. A tiny way to help me feel better I suppose. I’ve got five more minutes, but I’ll upload this now so I can clock in right on time.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325798-Power-Write