*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326799-Late-Teens
by Kings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #921319
I will be updating this journal often, so please come back.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#326799 added February 6, 2005 at 6:05am
Restrictions: None
Late Teens
That summer I cut the grass at the mansion in Cincinnati, Ohio. I would save all my change coins in a jar and I usually went home to Kentucky for the weekend once a month.

When I got home I let my siblings reach in the jar and grab all the coins they could with one hand, starting with my youngest sister to the oldest brother at home. Because I was away from them I sure missed my sisters and brothers a lot.

Finally after saving my money for awhile I was able to buy me an old car. It was not a Rolls Royce, but it did run and that is what I wanted at the time. I really enjoyed having the car to drive around the neighborhood with my friend.

That summer while I was staying with my older sister and her husband. I met a little red headed girl who lived down the street her name was Gayle. She was so pretty and sweet with beautiful red hair and green eyes. However she was much younger than I was, but I still liked her as a girlfried. We never dated, but it was not because I did not want to. She later moved to Florida and we lost touch with each other.

That summer of 1958 was wonderful for me in every way, I was so happy. Rock-n-Roll was the music and I loved it with Elvis, Bill Haley, Fats Domino, Sonny James, and all the rest of the earley Rockers.

Later, Kings

© Copyright 2005 Kings (UN: tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kings has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326799-Late-Teens