*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327381-How-to-Deal
by Angela
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #930772
Ramblings from my mind!
#327381 added February 9, 2005 at 1:00am
Restrictions: None
How to Deal
I have a 12 year old stepdaughter who is pushing the limit already. She wants to be older than she is and to do whatever she wants. There is a problem with her mother in that, there are no boundaries. She lives with her father and myself and there seems to be no control. I found out tonight that her mother gave her a cell phone. I think it is at school and I am going there on Thursday for a teachers meeting. I will check out her locker then. I would like a peaceful house. Heather would prefer me not to be here because she would be able to do what she wants to all the time. When Rob and I first met, no one wanted to be around heather, her behavior was so bad. I refused to tolerate any of this behavior so things have been rocky since. Although every once in a while I think things are getting better. As soon as I think that something happens like tonight when I found out about the cell phone and her doing things she isn't supposed to do with the computer. She isn't even supposed to be on the computer - she is on academic probation. She is in sixth grade and doesn't think that school work is important. She just wants to have fun in school and not do anything that looks like work. I am at my wits end. She is only 12 and we have 6 1/2 years to go before she is in college. I'm beginning to think she may not make it that far. Something bad is going to happen to her - such as drugs, alcohol, pregnancy etc. She has no boundaries or impulse control. I don't think I can handle this stuff.

© Copyright 2005 Angela (UN: acook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angela has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327381-How-to-Deal