*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328168-Busy-Busy-Busy
by Angela
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #930772
Ramblings from my mind!
#328168 added February 13, 2005 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
Busy, Busy, Busy
I'm beginning to feel like I don't get to my journal often enought. I also don't think that is going to get better. I have approximately 7 weeks of school to go and they are going to be the busiest weeks of my life. Writing will go to the back burner unfortunately. I feel like I have to do this because if I don't I'm not going to finish well in my bachelor's degree.

I'm starting a writing class in a few weeks. I can't wait. Although I will begin this class while I am completing my other course work I should still be able to do well if I stay organized. The class is writing for magazines and I am so excited. I do better at least for now when I have assignments to do. That will have to change if I continue to be serious about my writing but at least for the next 7 weeks this is the way it is.

I have an update on my stepdaughter, Heather. We had the meeting with the teachers etc and it went really well. They haven't seen any signs of add or adhd or anything besides not applying herself. I think she got scared when she found out that we had to come to school and for the last couple of weeks has really worked hard. She is excited that she isn't red lined this week and can go to the dance. Heather has needed a little success to help her succeed. Hopefully this will work and continue to work. We have set up in place a system to keep track of her. There is some responsibility for the teacher and for us but that is ok. I don't want to see her held back in sixth grade when she is so capable of doing the work.

We also had a small victory with Heather's mom. I heard through the grapevine that Heather either had or was getting a cell phone. Now mind you, Heather just turned 12 and doesn't need a phone. Well, my hubby spoke to her on Friday night and explained that Heather has been lying to her mom, teachers and us about everything. She has also been saying that we are mean since she is grounded from the phone and going to friends and everything. That has been mostly cleared up and we have averted this crisis this time, at least I hope we did. She has a better attitude - well today anyway.

I was a step kid myself and I didn't know how hard it was to be a step mom. I can't use my own step parents as examples they were horrible but this is so much different than I thought it would be.

I did get something really cool for valentines day. My stepson got me a "Mom" card. I am pretty excited.

© Copyright 2005 Angela (UN: acook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angela has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328168-Busy-Busy-Busy