*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330210-Whatever
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#330210 added February 23, 2005 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Whatever
Whew! I finished everything with the tournament without too much trouble. The worst thing was, finding an entry form AFTER I had seeds, draws, match times! I was like;

“Um Darrell… What in the heck is this?” Only I didn’t say heck.

“It’s Frank’s form.” He says, like he wonders why I’m stressed.

“I have not seen this.” I’m smiling, even thought I’m not happy.

“I faxed it to you.”

“Maybe so, but I have not seen this. The fax never came through."

I called Bonnie, for guidance. This software is very sensitive to procedure. So, if you mess up, you run the risk of accidentally erasing all the work you’ve done. Hence, my apprehension. It’s not like I could just add him into the tournament. Luckily for me, there was a bye on the number two line, so I could insert him in w/out too much trouble. And, I had not posted to the internet, so it wasn’t like I had to call his opponent and say, in my very sweet phone voice, “Hey there, this is Robin Bateman, the tournament director.” Pause, “Listen, you know that bye you thought had for Saturday morning?…Well…Due to admin error, you’ll have to get your ass out of bed and come play tennis at eight-thirty in the morning.”

A few other wrinkles had to be ironed out, nothing big.

Oh, hey, Emmyloo9 sent me a merit baddge today!!! YAY for me. *Smile*

Behind in my book, say a few prayers with my name in them will ya?



© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330210-Whatever