*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330750-Penny-Weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#330750 added February 26, 2005 at 5:41am
Restrictions: None
Penny Weekend
Yes! My dear sister Penny is over for the weekend again and I suspect I'll be feeling like shit this time tomorrow but will have enjoyed the part leading up to it.

As children we never really got on that well. There's a five year gap between us and I always seemed to be a thorn in her side. But over the years things have altered dramatically. She's my best pal, my shoulder to cry on, my strength when I'm down and always there for me no matter what she has on her own plate. I feel honoured to have her as my sister; so many people have little to do with their siblings and that's such a waste. So tonight we'll have lots of laughs, play silly games, put the world to rights and probably fall into bed far too late. (early)

I must give my latest Lottery ticket a good talking to. My sister and her husband deserve and need to retire and it would give me a great deal of pleasure to enable them to do this. Not much to ask is it? Someone has to win the Lottery so why not me? I could do so much unselfish good with the winnings.

First I have to get on with the trivia. Tidy up, make beds, sort washing, feed birds etc etc. Hate it all. Hair needs washing too. Anyone out there with wavy or curly hair who hates it? Get yourself some ceramic straighteners! All my life I've tried various methods of hair straightening but to no avail. Bought some of those wet to dry ceramics and Voila! Suddenly, not a kink in sight but I still look in the mirror and think 'Is that really me?' (Unfortunately it is lol) What a load of bunkem this is today. Sorry, must think of something deep, dark and meaningful for another time.

I did mention somewhere about listing good and bad characteristics didn't I? Well, one of my worst traits is vanity. I admit to it; I spend ages every day faffing with my hair, make up, clothes, nails etc. and could probably use that time for better things. But, it's the way I am and I'd be a pretty miserable person if I didn't try to look my best. I suppose it's selfish and egotistical but I'm a perfectionist by nature and will make no excuses. Anyway, enough rambling, hope I've sent no one to sleep. Off to read a couple of other bloggers now.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330750-Penny-Weekend