*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332180-Mens-80-Doubles-The-Finals
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#332180 added March 3, 2005 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Men's 8.0 Doubles The Finals
Well, Andy and Mitchell won the 8.0 Men’s Finals. They were down 5 – 2 in the first set and I watched them play and win 7 – 5. I had to leave before they finished so I called Darrell this morning to find out the results.

“Perry/ Dufresne won.” He says. He gives me the score.

I call Andy and instead of saying hello, I say, “Tell me how you feel.”

“I feel super fantastic.” He says, and I can hear in his voice that he really does. “As a mater of fact, I couldn’t feel any more super fantastic.” He begins to give me a play – by play of the second set, since I was unable to stay and watch it.

Then he tells me what a great job I did coordinating the event. Winners are almost always complimentary of events.

“Thanks. But all the players were great. Making this a fun event to run.”

Still high off winning, he says, “That’s because the director had such a super fantastic attitude. We fed off you.”

I’m taking this compliment, not gonna argue.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332180-Mens-80-Doubles-The-Finals