*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332566-Change-in-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#332566 added March 4, 2005 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
Change in Plans
While last night wasn’t what I envisioned, it was pleasant enough. Laney arrived back in town from her away match much later than expected, so she was there with me at JDS while my tournament was still going on. Her presence vetoed any plans I had of going out with the 4.0 ladies. Instead, we – she and her new boyfriend Taylor, walked over to Longhorn’s Steakhouse to celebrate her WIN – YAY for Laney!

Autumn’s boyfriend Shaun met up w/ us. Afterwards, we stopped by Joshua Cup, a local coffee house where Autumn works, to see her.

“Mommy!” she says delighted to see me. She hasn’t called me mommy in like forever. I return her smile. My heart is warm.

Then, a pack of young guys enters. They all know Autumn and greet her. She calls them by the drinks they order. ‘Mocha Lattie’ or whatever, I don’t know the names of the coffee drinks. Well, except MY coffee drink. What like anything else matters. They are curious about me and ask Autumn who I am.

“This is my mom.” She reaches over to hug me. I smile and lean my head on her shoulder.

“What?! No way. She is not the mom.” They all say this.

“Yeah she is.” Autumn tells them.

Still not convinced they disagree. No longer able to resist, I say. “Autumn, why do you tell everyone that? I’m the mom.” I giggle.

The group is still debating my motherhood status when I finally interrupt them, ‘Well, okay, then…who am I?”

“The sister.” One of them answers. Immediate agreement is acknowledged among them.

“And just how old is the sister?” I ask

“Twenty-two.” Again, more agreeing.

“Wow! I like you guys.” I say. I am so totally enjoying this. Being cough cough something years old, It’s always a rush hearing I look much younger. I just don’t ever get tired of hearing it. (sorry if this makes sound shallow)

“No. really. I’m the mom.” I confess

“You don’t look like the mom..” says one of them. He then turns to Autumn, “Do you hang out with your mom? You really should ya know, hang out with your mom.”

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332566-Change-in-Plans