*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332261-Building-A-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #944791
A young Lord wins his bride Sapphire in a poker game. Can love happen between these two?
#332261 added November 22, 2015 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
Building A Life
The Wedding was over. Sapphire felt happy. She knew she had a good husband. The reception had all kinds of food. The guests ate and Quentin inroduced his bride to his friends and family that were there. Quentin's parents were dead and left him the clothing factories. That is how Quentin's family had become rich. Quentin had no brothers but Sapphire had a brother Dante who was a pirate but the Earl had disowned him and Sapphire hadn't spoken his name to anyone over the years. She thought that she better tell Quentin someday but it could wait. Sapphire and Dante had been real close but the Earl and Dante couldn't get along and Dante had rebelled to being a pirate. Sapphire missed him but she knew she had to just forget about him. She was starting a new life with Quentin. She was fond of her husband that she had just married and she hoped that he was fond of her.

Sapphire and Quentin had a society Wedding. Sapphire liked everyone and was nice to everyone. She had always obeyed her parents and that's why she had agreed to marry Quentin. If she had said no, her parents would have disowned her like they had Dante. She didn't want to be a pirate or gypsy. She felt Quentin was a good man.

Elizabeth was her bridesmaid and best friend. Elizabeth came up to Sapphire and hugged her. "Sapphire, I finally get to offer you my best wishes. I will miss you."
"Lizzy, you can visit anytime. I will only be a few miles away."
"We were next door neighbors. I can't see you everyday." Elizabeth tossed her pretty head of red curls. Sapphire had never been to Quentin's home but she heard it was the. most famous house in all of England. Sapphire was dying to see it herself. Maybe Elizabeth could move in with her and Quentin. That probably wasn't fair to Quentin. He had acquired a wife in the poker game. Her best friend wasn't part of the deal. Quentin came up to Sapphire and told her it was time to go home. Home? He meant his estate. Sapphire went up to hug her mother. Mona was crying. "I will miss you, my Dear."
"I will miss you as well, mother. You will visit me, won't you?"
"Of course, my Dear. You are my only child."
Sapphire thought to herself that was a lie but she didn't say it. She didn't dare.

Sapphire hugged Elizabeth and told her she could come visit her. She hoped Lizzy found a husband someday. She was pretty enough.
She had to hug her father, too. She loved her father. He wanted her to be happy. She thought that she would be with Quentin.

Quentin came up to her and said:"Ready, my Dear?" Sapphire nodded. Quentin shook hands with Lester and told him that he had better treat his daughter right. Quentin promised that he would.

Quentin and Sapphire got into the carriage to leave. The servants had already packed up her belongings. Quentin held Sapphire's hand and kissed it. "We will have a good life and successful marriage. I promise."
Sapphire nodded.

The scenery was all woods and then when they got closer to the estate, Sapphire heard the ocean. She had forgotten how close that he lived to the ocean. She had only seen the ocean once but she was sure that she would love it.

She saw the estate. What a huge house! It was like a castle! It was brown and three stories. There were barns and two small cottages. Actually, the cottages were big compared to most cottages. There was a flower garden outback and a terrace on the second floor with a balcony. In the back of the house was a huge room. This was where the balls were held. Sapphire's eyes were huge. Quentin smiled. "How do you like your new home, my Dear?"
"It's beautiful." she whispered. "I feel like a Princess or Queen."

"You are my Dear. Come. Let's see your new house. At least it is new to you."
Quentin helped Saphire out of the carriage and passionatley kissed her. This was the start of a new life. Sapphire was going to love living here.
Word Count: 764
** Image ID #1470397 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332261-Building-A-Life