*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332376-March-10-2004-cloud9
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
March 10, 2004: cloud9

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.
We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!

This week's editor is Beyond the Cloud9 .
Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor



~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~


Hello and welcome to another special edition of the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Today I have someone who not all know about, but once you've discovered her, you never forget her!

Please help me in welcoming our very own
Bovine Bessie

*APPLAUSE*

Bovine Bessie, what an honor it is to be interviewing you today. Tell us, how did you come across Writing.Com?

One day, while in the barn, The Milkman was singing the praises to this wonderful website called "Writing.Com". It took me some time but I finally convinced the Milkman to use his computer and the rest is history...
even the specially made keyboard.

You have a special keyboard to accommodate your hooves for typing?


Yes I do but please allow me to keep the details of my special keyboard secret.

Certainley, Bessie. Now, you have quite a collection in your portfolio. Who taught you to write?

I believe my writing is more of a gift because, for some reason, I was chosen to be the spokescow for Holsteins and other animals around the world.

Do you find that people are shocked to find a writing cow? Are you afraid of someone trying to cash in on your talent?

Yes some people are shocked about my writing, but that is usually only until they read one of my stories. I like to interject some bovine humor. I don't think you can copy something that is truly unique, I mean, look at me I have tried to emulate human writers for almost three years now (March 29th is account birthday).

Your stories would lead us to believe you live on a farm. Is that correct?

I do live in a barn but someday I hope to live in a high rise apartment...mol(mooing out loud).

Do any of the other cows or animals share your love of writing?

Being a spokescow, I do have great pressure making sure I represent the animals in a good manner.

What is the most common question you get asked here on Writing.Com?

"Are you really a cow?" That would be my most asked question.

Do you currently have a love interest?


For you bulls out there... I'm red and white, have large brown eyes, a long, full nose, four legs and I weigh a womanly 1575 pounds. If you are interested... (No, as of now I have no love interest. It is lonely at the top...mol)

Do you ever plan to attend a Writing.Com Convention (barring that the Milkman could get a trailer for you to get you there)?

I plan on attending every year...whether or not I'll ever get there is another story.

What is your favorite thing to do here on Writing.Com, or your favorite thing about Writing.Com?

I love reading my reviews...mol

We are about out of time here, but what advice do you have for all the Newbies out there?

Newbies, don't get discouraged and if you need assistance finding something on this site... find a Senior Mod or Moderator.


Thank you for your time, Bessie! It's been a pleasure IM'ing with you today!! Now to Notice some Newbies!!


Beyond the Cloud9


Editor's Picks

noticing newbies - newsletter header



~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#821603 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#822179 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#820296 by Not Available.


 Cool City Limit  (ASR)
A talent for computer games has surprising results.
#817475 by Bartleby


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#816058 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#815338 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#816316 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#820307 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#822284 by Not Available.


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer


~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~


Now for the comment section! Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear your comments, questions and suggestions! Keep them coming!

Another great newsletter! I loved reading your interview with The Milkman ... You said you might interview Bovine Bessie--but what about covertcow? Hoovsie is our favorite bull!
Pretty in Black

We have a lot of animals on W.Com don't we? Maybe Bessie and Hoovsie should get together!

Very good interview. Written as if I was watching a talk show. Great conversational tone.
newykr

Thank you, newykr! It's wonderful to hear your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the newsletter!

Sherri Q., this is one of my favorite newsletters. It's always fun to discover new writers on the site. As we all know, it's sometimes hard to get noticed when you're new to the community, so this newsletter helps serve as a welcome wagon, a bridge between new members and old - like that Milkman guy you interviewed in this issue! *Smile*
Holly Jahangiri

Sherri Q, I love the interview with Milkman. The stories you picked were good. As always, love the news letter.
crystalmoon

I'm glad y'all have enjoyed the interview(s)! Thank you for reading each week and thanks for the encouragement!


~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~*Heart*~*~*Kiss*~*~


Do you have a question or comment for the editor? You may fill out the feedback link below or email me or any of my fellow newsletter editors. We'd love to hear from you!

esprit
bianca_b
Cubby&Hubby~WeddingAnniversary

Thanks for reading the Writing.com Noticing Newbies Newsletter. See ya next time!
~Beyond the Cloud9

 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm | Modified: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332376-March-10-2004-cloud9