*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332392-June-30-2004-cloud9
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
June 30, 2004: cloud9

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!

This week's editor is Beyond the Cloud9 .
Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor


*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


Inspiration in the every day…

We have all experienced writer’s block at some point. I went through years of writer’s block! Life was stressful and zapped my creativity and energy right out of me. It wasn’t until I found some contests here on the site that my creative mind began to stir again.

What is it that inspires us to write? That answer is different for each of us. Emotions, situations, people, nature and politics are just a few. I find what really gets me inspired to write is a writing prompt. The prompt is usually something that is unusual and gets me thinking about things I wouldn’t necessarily think about, or perhaps thinking about something ordinary in a different way.

Every day life can be inspiring as well. I live in an apartment complex that backs up to wooded ranch land. We get a fair share of visitors, such as deer, rabbits, snakes, bats, and the common squirrels, frogs and lizards. I find being so close to these animals inspires me. I begin to ask myself…What if I wrote from the squirrel’s point of view? What was that bat thinking when he followed me? Where would this frog be the happiest right now? These questions can spark a brainstorm that could lead to an intriguing tale.

If you find yourself stuck, look around you. The pencil lying on your desk could be a point of inspiration if you want it to be. Think of a clever name for the pencil then write about it interacting with the other objects on the desk. The creative spark should be enough to get you going again. Imagination is making every day things fun.

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*



Editor's Picks

noticing newbies - newsletter header

The Magnificent Seven:

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862402 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862392 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862243 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862197 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862143 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862120 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#862685 by Not Available.


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer


*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


prasjara1 writes:
A very good newsletter, Sherri! The articles about women being compared to flowers was *Cool*


Thanks Lizzy!


Cubby&Hubby~WeddingAnniversary writes:
I loved your comparisons of budding newbies with flowers! Very creative. But now I am wondering what flower shape I am. *Laugh* And I certainly agree with you about how much easier men have it when it comes to buying bathing suits. It's not fair!


Perhaps I should have scanned a photo of the flower shapes! *Bigsmile* And yes, I’m jealous of how easy men have it when it comes to shopping.

Do you have a question or comment for the editor? You may fill out the feedback link below or email me or any of my fellow newsletter editors. We'd love to hear from you!

esprit
bianca_b
Cubby&Hubby~WeddingAnniversary

Thanks for reading the Writing.com Noticing Newbies Newsletter. See ya next time!

~Beyond the Cloud9


 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm | Modified: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332392-June-30-2004-cloud9