*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332400-August-25-2004-kiwiangel
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
August 25, 2004: kiwiangel

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

*Cool* Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! *Cool*

Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com

We hope all members of the site will take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!

Your host this week is: Puditat
Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

noticing newbies - newsletter header


Static Options


The excitement is upon you, the words are burning in your mind, willing themselves to be committed to a more permanent form than your own fickle memory. You rush to Writing.com, log in to your account and choose to create a new item.

Tap, rat-a-tat-tap, your fingers blast those pearls into a garland, beautiful enough to grace the tresses of any fair maiden. A quick click on the Save button and you sit back awaiting the rates and reviews to come in.

But wait ... what about all those other options that a static has. Did you choose the right genre(s), the right type? Did you put in enough keywords so that someone can find your item? Did you leave it open to everyone or did you accidentally set it to private (or vice versa)? Is the rating correct for your item's content? Do you want to award Automatic gift points for reviews over 250 characters long? And what about your description - does it make a potential reader want to delve into the item and read more?

There are a myriad of options that you can have for your item and to get the best exposure and most applicable feedback, they need to be correct. Imagine if you set the genre to children's and it contained a few adult-related themes. Or someone set out to read a fluffy romance only to find it was a horror where the bride was beheaded. Yes, I have written this to hopefully evoke a lagh or maybe a giggle, but the basis is true. Pay a little attention to those options before you hit the save button; or better yet, save and then check that it has the right settings for your target audience (just so no little hitches eat your carefully inspired words).

Thanks for reading.
Puditat
noticing newbies committee sig


Editor's Picks

*Delight* Enjoy the works of these Newbies! *Delight*

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#881242 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#881360 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#881318 by Not Available.


 Purely Scientific  (18+)
Just my thoughts.
#881232 by Enigma2U


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#880879 by Not Available.


 My Thoughts in a Hospital Room  (E)
My thoughts as my grandfather faces surgery.
#880736 by GothLady


My apologies for being a little short on items this week due to having been on holiday for the past week and a bit. Should be back to normal next month!
 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

Thank you so much, Puditat, for featuring my forum "Encouraging Authors To Succeed" in this week's newsletter! I hope all reviewers, both newbies and seasoned veterans, stop by to visit the forum and enter for a chance to win. Right now the names for each round are placed in a small vase on my computer desk, but I'd love to see the day when a round is so full that I have to use a giant bucket to hold them all! Thanks again, take care, and keep writing & reviewing.*Smile*
momof3

You are most welcome momof3. I hope you get heaps more entries! *Bigsmile* Thank you for your feedback, I like getting mail!

*Flower2*-*Flower2*-*Flower2*


Any queries, problems, praise or advice? Send it to one of Editors via the feedback form on this newsletter or direct to their email by clicking the wee white envelope after their handle. *Smile*

 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm | Modified: 03-03-05 @ 11:31pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332400-August-25-2004-kiwiangel