*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332952-One-Mistress-Wont-Let-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #944791
A young Lord wins his bride Sapphire in a poker game. Can love happen between these two?
#332952 added June 27, 2010 at 2:29pm
Restrictions: None
One Mistress Won't Let Go
Sapphire and Quentin rode horses by the beach and even had picnics there. They also had picnics in the woods. Maggie would fix up picnic baskets for them. She loved doing this for the young married couple. Sapphire loved life at Evergreen. She was so happy. She thought she should go se her father. After all, she had stood up to him but she didn't want him mad at her. She had one of the carriage driver take her to see her parents. It was such a beautiful day to ride in the country. It had already been a good day. She loved Quentin but she couldn't tell him, yet. The timing wasn't right. She wanted him to love her back. She sit in the carriage and dydreamed about the day they would be a married couple in love.

Quentin had to do things at his office for the factories. He always had paper work and decisions to make. He thought about Sapphire and smiled. She meant a lot to him. He was riding his horse into town on this sunny day and feeling lucky to be married to his angel Sapphire.

Sapphire arrived at her parents' home. She received warm greetings by the servants. She had missed this house and them Lester was in his study. Mona was doing needlepoint sitting on the couch. As son as she saw her baby, she sprang off the couch to hug her. , "Sweetie, it is nice of you to visit."
"It is nice to be home for a visit, mother. I miss being here."
"I miss you being here, too. It's a beautful day. My baby girl is here." Mona wouldn't quit hugging her.
"Is father still upset about th eway that I talked to him? I feel bad about that."
Mona laughed. "He's done licking his wounds. You're his baby and he loves you."
Just then Lester came out of his study. He had a stern look on his face then he smiled. "I see my fiesty daughter is here for a visit.
"Hello father. How are you?"
"I'm fine. Where is your husband?"
"He's checking out his factories. He had some business to attend to."
"Have you seen your pirate brother lately?"
"No, father, I haven't. I know that I was blunt with you the last time that I saw you but I felt that I had to but that doesn't mean that I don't love you anymore. I do."
"Daughter, I love you, too but I hope we never have to have words again." Sapphire went up to her father and hugged him. She was glad that things were alright between them. She stayed with her parents for quite awhile. It was good to be here with them again.

Quentin got his paper work done at the factories. He hated hiring young children. Children should be allowed to be children and not be worrying about working. Quentin went over all the names of children working in his factories. He wouldn't allow children under twelve to work in his factories. He would just give their parents money or offer a job to a member of the family and pay them more then adequate money to live on. Quentin established this rule and he went and visited the families of children under twelve who worked for him and delievered his promises. Quentin was such an generous and caring man.

Quentin went home after his busines was done. He decided to check on the horses. He loved his horses. He wanted to buy Sapphire her own horse. He was really surprised when he looked up and there stood Belle. He no longer had a desire to see his old mistresses. She was the worst of the lot.
"What are you doing here?" Quentin asked.
"I came to see you. I have something to tell you. I should have told you a long time ago. Quentin, I love you and I need you in my life. You don't love that woman you married. I know you can't divorce her but at least we can continue where we left off."
"Belle, I don't love you and I want to be with my wife. I'm sorry but it's over. You have your other lovers to occupy your time."
"I want you and I would get rid of the other lovers. I swear it." Belle ran into Quentin's arms and kissed him and was trying to undress him. Of course, Quentin was going to push her away but Sapphire had walked into the stables at this time. Talk about bad timing. She was upset and heartbroken to say the least.
"Quentin! What in Hades are you doing? Is she one of your whores?"
Quentin pushed Belle away and Belle had an evil smile on her face.
"Sapphire, Dear, she came on to me. Please, this isn't what it looks like. You have to believe me."
"I have eyes. How dare you flaunt this woman in front of me! I guess you like whores. Fine! I don't care! You are such a Cad I shouldn't have married you!" Sapphire ran towards the house crying and almost ran into a tree.
Quentin was angry. "Belle, get out and don't you ever come back! I will have you arrested if you come on my land ever again. Were through and you know that. Sapphire is right. You are a whore! If I wasn't a gentleman, I would slap you but I don't believe in hitting women."
"Quentin, you owe me. I love you. Now that Sapphire has seen us, we can have our relationship again. You ruined my repetation."
"No, I didn't. You were already the town's whore. It was my mistake to be one of your lovers. As for you being in love with me, you haven't got a clue to what love is. I'm just learning about love and you know what? I love Sapphire. If you excuse me, I have to smooth things over with my wife. I mean it. I don't want you to ever come near me again. I don't hang out with whores anymore."

Quentin walked away. Belle's eyes filled with tears. His words had stung. Belle headed back to town in her carriage with her tail between her legs.

Quentin walked into the mansion. Sapphire was upstairs packing her bags. She was going to live with her parents. She didn't trust Quentin. He would always be with one of his ex-mistresses.

Quentin called out Sapphire's name but she didn't answer him. He went upstairs to their room and he was shocked to find her packing. "Sapphire, Dear, what are you doing? Belle was kissing me. I didn't have a chance to push her away when you had walked in. I swear it."
"You seem to be enjoying yourself. You didn't even have the decency to meet her in town."
Sapphire was crying. Quentin went up to her and hugged her. "Sapphire, I love you. I swear it. I didn't invite Belle over. She was kissing me. I didn't know that I love you until Belle told me that she loved me and you came home. I saw the hurt look on your face. Oh, Sapphire, don't leave. You must care or you wouldn't be jealous. Now, you know how I felt when I saw you hugging Dante. I didn't know that he was your brother. You are the only woman that I want."
Sapphire had heard Quentin say that he loves her. DID HE REALLY? She had been wanting to heard those words from him. She thought she would give this marriage a chance. "Quentin, you hurt me being with that woman but I am willing to stay. Don't ever let me catch you with another woman. Quentin, I love you, too. I have since the first time that we met. Did you tell Belle that you love me?"
"Of course I did. I told her she was a whore and I wasn't a gentleman about it."
Sapphire smiled. "I wasn't a lady, either but I was mad."
"I understand. Oh by the way, I bought you a present while I was in town."
Quentin pulled a blue velvet box out of the dresser and handed it to Sapphire. She slowly opened it. Inside was a blue sapphire necklace and earrings to match. She looked at it and whispered: "Oh, Quentin this is a beautful set."
"Just like you are, my Dear. I ordered this just for you. I was going to save it for your birthday but since you were mad at me and Belle being here and that awful scene, well now is the time to give you this. I hope this proves that I love you. I guess I knew that I loved you when I bought it for you. Oh Sapphire, I love you with all my heart."
"I love you, too. Quentin, make love to me."
Quentin was dumbfounded. "It's still daytime. What will the servants think?"
"Quentin, you have had mistresses and you aren't shy about these things. I'm not either. I stood up to my father and called your former mistress a whore. I'm your wife. So, please make love to me."
Quentin kissed Sapphire and they spent a few hours making passionate love. Knowing that they love each other made this all the more meaningful.
Word Count:1,562
** Image ID #1650000 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1649998 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2010 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332952-One-Mistress-Wont-Let-Go