*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332599-Dante
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #944791
A young Lord wins his bride Sapphire in a poker game. Can love happen between these two?
#332599 added April 21, 2005 at 6:01pm
Restrictions: None
Dante
Quentin barely stopped his horse and got off it and ran up to Sapphire and the man she was hugging. Sapphire looked at Quentin and said:"Quentin, you haven't met..... Quentin grabbed the man and punched him before Sapphire could finish her sentence.

"Quentin, what is the matter with you? Please stop it! You don't understand. He's my brother Dante. He's a pirate and father disowned him." Quentin quit hitting Dante. "Your brother? Lester never said you had a brother. He's a pirate! He should be arrested!"

"Quentin, please, I haven't seen Dante in so long. He just heard that we got married. He has been out to sea a long time. He's here for a visit. He won't stay long. You can't have him arrested."

Quentin sighed. "Alright. At least invite him into the house." Quentin, Dante and Sapphire went into the house. They went to a sitting room at the back of the house. "Sapphire, Dear how do I know that Dante is your brother?"
Sapphire thought that Quentin didn't trust her. They barely knew each other after all. "Quentin, please believe me. I wouldn't make up a story like this. Send for my parents. They will tell you especially mother. She never wanted to forget Dante."
Quentin left the room. He had one of his servants go to town with a message to Sapphire's parents visit Evergreen at once. Quentin asked Dante if he wanted a drink. Dante accepted. "So, what took you so long to come and visit your sister?" asked Quentin.
"My father disowned me and I wasn't allowed near my family. I was in Liverpool, England and one of my pirate friends from another pirate fleet told me that the Earl's daughter Sapphire was getting married to the Lord of Evergreen. I have heard of you. This was the only place that I could be able to see my sister. Now, you send for my parents. You will see that Sapphire and I are telling the truth when Earl Lester shows up. I love my sister. I hope that you will, too as well."
Sapphire spoke up. "Quentin, we have to learn to trust each other. I would never cheat on you. I am committed to this marriage."
Quentin told Sapphire. "I will be honest with you. I went to check on the factories but I broke up with all my mistresses when I went into town. I waited until I was married to do so. I broke up with my mistresses. I didn't sleep with them today while I was visiting them. I am done behaving like that. I promise."
Sapphire was quiet for a few minutes until she finally spoke. "Thanks for being honest with me. Dante is my brother. Please trust me on this."

A few minutes later, the Earl and Mona arrived at Evergreen. Mona ran through the door yelling for Sapphire. The servants bought the Earl and Miona to the sitting room at the back of the house. Mona was so worried. "Sappphire, Darling, are you alright?" She saw Dante. "Dante! My sweet son!" She ran up to him and hugged him.
Lester wasn't pleased. "What the Hades is he doing here?" Lester ran up to Dante and was getting ready to hit him but Quentin stopped him.
"Dante is your son?" Quentin asked.
Mona exclaimed: "Yes! He's our son!"
"Bloody Hades! We no longer have a son. Sapphire, why did you allow this wortless pirate into your house? Have you taken leave of your senses?"
Quentin went over and put his arm around Sapphire. "She has a right to see her brother. She told me this young man was her brother and I didn't believe her at first but I know she would never lie to me." He looked at Sapphire. "I'm sorry that I didn't believe you, Dear." She nodded.
Lester was raging mad. "I want that pirate arrested! Send one of your servants to get someone to arrest him! Bloody pirate! He is a disgrace!"
"Stop it, father. You were always mean to Dante. He stood up to you and you didn't like it. I was like a mouse and too afraid to talk back. I won't have you yelling at Dante like this in my house and behaving like a mad man! I'm sorry, father but I have a right to see my brother."
Lester was mad. He was all red faced. "Very well, daughter. You think you are really somebody married to the Lord of Evergreen. You get to have a sharp tongue. Mona, let's go home before I strangle that pirate son of ours!"
Mona stood her ground. "Lester, I will leave when I am darn good and ready. I want to see my son."
Lester stormed out of the mansion. No one challenged Lester. Quentin laughed as did Dante. Sapphire couldn't believe that she had stood up to her father. She felt better about it. Mona said: "I have been wanting to do that for years! Maybe he will quit being a bully!"
Dante stayed to visit with his family a little while longer. He and Mona talked for the longest time. Quentin liked Dante as he did him. They traded stories as men do about adventures. Quentin had spent a lot of time at sea even though he wasn't a pirate. He traveled to other countries for supplies for his clothing factories. Dante loved telling pirate stories but he left out the disgusting details. Mona thought that she had better get home so she could see if Lester was done licking his wounds. She kissed her children good-bye and went home. Lester didn't speak to her for a week but he got over being mad.

Quentin and Sapphire knew that they could trust each other.Their relationship was developing into something special.
Word Count: 972
** Image ID #1650000 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1649998 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332599-Dante