*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333427-I-love-you
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#333427 added March 7, 2005 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
I love you.
It’s tough raising a fifteen year old girl. All that teenage drama, mixed with my 'needs two cups of caffeine (one coffee and one green tea)' before I can think coherently, leaves for lots of morning time arguing.

This morning, I asked Laney, “Do they have a piano at Taylor’s” She spend most of Saturday w/ Taylor; his sister had a birthday party. She shook her head yes to the piano q.

“Did you play it?” I asked, knowing that she had but trying to make conversation anyway.

“No mom.” She said, with a snotty tone. “I just stared at it.” Her eyes glaring. How could I be such an idiot?

For a split second, I felt like backhanding her. I bit my tongue and resisted the temptation to throw my mom card around.

“Well, did they like it…” she crinkled her nose and squinted her eyes with confusion. “…I mean, did they like watching you…stare at their piano?” Trying to get her off her mom is a stupid idiot track, my attempt failing.

The corners of her mouth flinched with a suppressed grin.

"Did they ask you how long have you been staring at pianos?” A full fledged smile crosses her lips.

“Or what about ‘Oh my God, Laney. No one’s ever stared at our piano the way you do.’? Did they say that to you?” A laugh! I got a laugh. And now when she gets out of the Avalanche, to go to school, I can say “I love you. Have a nice day.” and really mean it.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333427-I-love-you