*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333820-A-Bad-Skin-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#333820 added March 9, 2005 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
A Bad Skin Day
I began writing this offline.

It’s already seven forty six in the evening and things still bad things keep happening. Can I go to bed now? Take two aspirin and call you in the morning? What happened? What did I do to piss off the Power’s that be? What? Was it Dump on Robin Day? And nobody told me? To add insult to injury, I think I have poison oak or something. I’m highly allergic to it and get it every now and then. Now, just happened to be then. Why didn’t I mark my calendar? And stay in bed sick today? I’m really gonna have to work on that. My daily planner and all.

If I write the events of today – all of them. I can’t post this. And for now, it’s my intention to post. So, I’ll step around a few things, being vague. I’m usually not one to write about negative experiences as I have many of them, my chronic pain for starters. But other huge things in my life are not pretty. Is avoiding these subjects cheating myself? Would I be a better writer for having written about them? Yes. I do cheat myself. Even if, once a week I write in my offline, or private online journal.

So anyway, the things I can type in this posted to the world blog are censored.
*Bullet*Plumbing. Ya never know how important running water is to the comforting existence of your daily life until you are forced to drink bottle water, and watch your laundry pile waist high, well, I’m exaggerating, knee high or take a trip to the laundry matt. Ugh
*Bullet* Smooth silky skin. THAT DOESN’T ITCH OR IS NOT COVERED IN A RASH. Yeah. I think most of you can relate to this. The itchy rash is sooo annoying. It underlies everything I am doing, seeing, feeling. Unfortunately, it’s a prime focus here.
*Bullet* A full time job with benefits. This comes in handy when you want to do things like, send your kids to private school, buy them a car, go on an occasional vacation. Especially when you want to buy a laptop computer, go to the dermatologist for poison oak. Yeah, gotta have a full time job with benefits to make unnecessary purchases like laptops, and even soy mocha lattes, or buy tickets to The Phantom of the Opera.

So today, these things have been threatened, or outright taken away from me. Plus, a major issue with my daughter and her school – which I can’t go into for my respect of her and lack of privacy on her personal issues.

So here I sit, sipping on my one shot of rum, wanting to shoot it and get another. Benadryl is on my To Do List before bed. So I really don’t need any more alcohol. But resisting the temptation is difficult.

Now, it’s eight forty-two. Laney and I have been chatting on and off while she studies. She has been pretty open about what has gone on this morning. I thought she’d bee a brat. Autumn has asked to take her to dinner. What a wonderful gesture at such an emotionally trying time. I’m proud of Autumn for this. And of Laney’s openness. I hope we get through this. Ultimately, she is my biggest concern. Over the plumbing as I know the leak will be repaired, even if it costs lots of money. My poison oak? The rash will be gone within a week or so. My job? If lost, I will find another. (right now, my facility will probably be closed one day a week. Very long story here.)

It’s just difficult, dealing with life’s curveballs while trying to work towards a solution with my daughter. Finding my super fantastic attitude is paramount.



© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333820-A-Bad-Skin-Day