*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334003-Third-Freshman-Match-at-1-Singles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#334003 added March 11, 2005 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Third Freshman Match at #1 Singles
My bones feel cold. My body doesn’t want to move, and my throat burns deep in the back every time I swallow. But I feel happy. Laney didn’t win her match – I excepted as much, but she played well. I was proud of her tremendous effort. She lost the first set 2-6. The first two games should have been hers. She was up Ad-IN only to loose the first game, then in the second, forty-love and lost that game too. These two quick losses contributed to the fast decline of her mental game.

Then, in the second set, both girls were on serve, and fighting hard; each game going to deuce several times. The points were long, baseline-to-baseline. Laney kept her opponent on the run hitting deep crosscourt shots neither of the girls seemed to want to risk any net action. She won 6-4.

The third set looked to belong to her opponent. Still playing long points, Laney wasn’t giving up but she wasn’t on her game as much as she was in the second set. Laney was down 2-5. ‘This is it.” I thought. But she next two games belonged to her. She lost 4-6.

I’m off to bed soon. I wish I could call in sick tomorrow but we have a Sectional – nine state tournament being held at my tennis center over the weekend. I have to take care of a lot of last minute details.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334003-Third-Freshman-Match-at-1-Singles