*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335036-Did-you-ever-have-one-of-those-days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#335036 added March 16, 2005 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Did you ever have one of those days?
I didn't want to leave my nice warm bed this morning and now I wish I hadn't. Was supposed to be getting a lift to the swimming pool but my friend backed off at the last minute due to a cold. I'm a lapsed driver; I hated it, so I rely on other people and public transport. Dashed round to make sure I was in time for the ten-thirty bus, stood in the bus shelter being battered by the wind and the bus never showed. Due to meet Big Pam at eleven so thought I'd better call her. Scrabbled around in my bag to find my mobile only to discover it had died on me during the night.

Finally joined her in the pool half an hour late so not as much exercise as I'd hoped. Came out the pool to pouring rain. Not forecast, so had washed my hooded coat yesterday, confident I wouldn't get wet today. Wrong! Drowned rat springs to mind.

Our two favourite eating places were full so had to be content with an inferior lunch and not much shopping time. Return bus was late so more precipitation on my best leather coat. Called in at parent's house where mother insisted I bring home a book for hubby to look at, which weighed the equivalent of an encyclopaedia. Five hundred yards from home when my back spasmed and had to finish the walk (still pimply sissing down) at a snail's pace.

At least, thought I, as I lay down for the necessary half hour to straighten out the spine, I'll have the place to myself for an hour or so, to play some soothing music whilst doing a bit of surfing. Wrong! Five minutes into my recovery time, hubby arrives home early from golf. (rain stopped play) Proceeds to hook up the computer to copy a vinyl of The Rolling Stones onto CD whilst crunching a stick of celery. Peace shattered.

Oh well, I told myself, unclench your teeth, smile sweetly, you'll have a bit of time later when the men go out snookering. Clang. (Sound of penny dropping) Wrong! Just realised son is going to a football match, so snooker cancelled. And he wants an early dinner. So off to the kitchen now to do my duty. Unless I fall down the stairs on the way. I'll be glad to get back in bed tonight. A fresh start tomorrow, time maybe to relax and catch up with a few things. Wrong! Just remembered I have a dental appointment. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/335036-Did-you-ever-have-one-of-those-days