*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338706-Angry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#338706 added April 3, 2005 at 6:25am
Restrictions: None
Angry
Wasn't going to make an entry this morning as I haven't much to say, so decided to check out my portfolio instead. Pleased I did in a perverse way as it's given me reason to vent.

I recently set up a folder entitled 'On the Darker Side' - no explanation needed I'm sure. I must admit I WAS surprised to see one of the stories in there featured in the Romance Newsletter last week; it's hardly a tale of perfect love despite the title actually being 'Perfect'! I wasn't surprised to not receive any reviews as a result, as I'm sure the romance readers found it a bit distasteful. However, when I looked at the overall rating of this story in my folder, it's suddenly dropped to 3.5. I know I've had two good reviews for this story so what's happened? Checking the statistics has revealed that some mean, cowardly person has given a rating of 1.5 in the last week. Obviously, someone who picked it out from the Newsletter and didn't like it. Well, whoever you are, I wish I had the opportunity to read and rate your work too.

I don't see what anyone gets out of clicking a low rating button without sending a review, unless of course they just enjoy being sadistic. I realise the subject matter may not be to everyone's liking but I know my writing technique is not at that level or I wouldn't bother being on the site!

I believe anonymous rating and reviewing should be stopped. If you don't like something on here then at least have the guts to say why to the author or just leave it alone. I know many others have voiced their feelings on this subject; maybe it's time to DO something to prevent this sort of perverse, hurtful reviewing. I'd never dream of anonymously rating anyone's work that low even if it was totally illiterate! Let's rid the site of yellow-bellied reviewers who haven't even got the common decency to allow us to return the compliment!

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338706-Angry