*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342141-Laneys-state-and-other-thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#342141 added April 19, 2005 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
Laney's state and other thoughts
I just got back into town and I have to get ready to go again. Laney played her state match yesterday and lost. She starts slow and got four games in the fist set. Her opponent had a really good net game, Laney was pretty good at returning her shots. She played a great second set, going to the net herself and hitting overheads, which she often lets bounce and hits at the baseline. I was proud of her. If she could have held on to that game during the third set she could have won. But she lost getting just two games.

Nonetheless, I am very proud of her, playing number one singles her freshman year, finishing third in her region, even getting to go to state. YAY laney.

We had a blast and I need to write about some of the funny things that happened. I hope I get around to this, as I have those two projects I’m working on, plus, now, I’m in a campfire. Some guy from SC on the site. I can’t believe I was even invited. I remember, when I first stumbled onto his port, peeking around. I found his folder and saw his strict guidelines. I really thought I’d never be able to participate. Funny stuff though. Still think I’m unworthy.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342141-Laneys-state-and-other-thoughts